venice surfer

brazil interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

well, it is finally happening. Maira's interview is 3 weeks away. it was scheduled for april 12, but i wanted to get her here sooner so i called and asked if they could move it up... the nice woman on the phone said she had a cancellation and move it to Monday April 9.

I don't have a clear picture of this step the way i did all the others. any help or advice would be appreciated. she's doing the medical today in sao paulo. she is gathering all the papers on the list we found on the consulate's website. the woman said we would not be paying the $380 cause we already paid it. she said we didn't need to bring in the 864 or 230 part 1 again cause they were already in our file. I'm going to send her copies of everything i've ever sent in, so she'll have that with her at the interveiw. but i've seen some mention in other posts of having multiple copies of things, like photos or the police reports. i don't know how many of what we should bring - any advice? and is there a specific "order" for the documents?

the woman told me for sure maira could pick up the visa THE NEXT DAY after the inteview. or, she could choose to have it delivered to her house - and the it would DEFINITELY BE THERE IN 2 DAYS after the interview. this doesn't match what others here have experienced recently, right? what should i think? i don't really trust these consulate people. but i tell you, this woman is sooo damned nice... it makes me actually almost believe what she says. ????i'm confused. of course, the timing of picking up or receiving the visa is everything,, we're booking her flight to come here now... and it is pretty critical that she get here as soon as possible that week... 1 day later will make some difference. so we'd like to cut it as close as possible. any advice? (we'll be using an award / milage ticket so we can change the date if soemthing happens and she can't make the flight... but there aren't many milage seats and she might have to wait days for a milage seat to open up)

another decision we're making: do you think it matters if she arrive at the consulate after 8:00? she could fly up to rio that morning but she won't get from the airport to the consulate by 8. it will be more like 9:00. think anyone cares? she is worried that they won't even let her in the door if she isn't there at 8. what do you think?

thanks all.

http://www.myspace.com/scott_houck

the surfer - California

the model - Stos, Brazil

06 May 06..Married in Las Vegas

01 Jun 06...Mailed I-130 to CSC at Laguna Niguel Post Office

05 Jun 06...Rec'd by CSC in Laguna Niguel (receipt acknowledged)

20 Jun 06...I-130 NOA-1

23 Jun 06...Touched

14 Sep 06...I-130 NOA-2 Approved (email & online status)

17 Sep 06...Rec'd NOA-2 (snail mail)

28 Sep 06...NVC rec'd and assigned case number

20 Oct 06....Rec'd AOS fee bill

21 Oct 06....Mailed AOS fee (overnite)

23 Oct 06....Emailed Choice of Agent to NVC

24 Oct 06....Rec'd email acceptance of Choice of Agent from NVC

30 Oct 06....Rec'd Choice of Agent form in Brazil

30 Oct 06....864 and IV Fee Bill generated

06 Nov 06...Rec'd 864, IV Fee Bill

07 Nov 06...Mailed IV fee bill (overnite)

13 Nov 06...NVC opened IV fee bill

25 Jan 07....NVC case complete

30 Jan 07....NVC mailed to Rio

Total Days..Days Between

......0................0.............I-130 Delivered to CSC

......4................4.............I-130 Receipt acknowledged by CSC

.....19...............15............I-130 NOA-1

....105..............86............I-130 NOA-2 Approved

....119..............14............NVC received case & assigned case num

....243.............124...........NVC mailed case to Rio

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ok, as far as having multiple copies, Rio requires that you have regular copies of her birth certificate, your marriage certificate, her police reports, and any court process or DHS/USCIS docs (meaning if she ever overstayed a visa or something). As for the specific order, yes there is. She should have received Packet 4 from the consulate, and it comes with all of these instructions. We are doing DCF, and our interview is March 28th. We received packet 4 on the 8th of March.

If you dont have it, send me a private message with your email and I can scan the document order thingamajig for you.

As for the flight, we thought about doing that too. We live in Belo Horizonte and we could have done it, but we ultimately decided it was too risky... I wouldnt if you are as paranoid about the process as I am.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
well, it is finally happening. Maira's interview is 3 weeks away. it was scheduled for april 12, but i wanted to get her here sooner so i called and asked if they could move it up... the nice woman on the phone said she had a cancellation and move it to Monday April 9.

I don't have a clear picture of this step the way i did all the others. any help or advice would be appreciated. she's doing the medical today in sao paulo. she is gathering all the papers on the list we found on the consulate's website. the woman said we would not be paying the $380 cause we already paid it. she said we didn't need to bring in the 864 or 230 part 1 again cause they were already in our file. I'm going to send her copies of everything i've ever sent in, so she'll have that with her at the interveiw. but i've seen some mention in other posts of having multiple copies of things, like photos or the police reports. i don't know how many of what we should bring - any advice? and is there a specific "order" for the documents?

the woman told me for sure maira could pick up the visa THE NEXT DAY after the inteview. or, she could choose to have it delivered to her house - and the it would DEFINITELY BE THERE IN 2 DAYS after the interview. this doesn't match what others here have experienced recently, right? what should i think? i don't really trust these consulate people. but i tell you, this woman is sooo damned nice... it makes me actually almost believe what she says. ????i'm confused. of course, the timing of picking up or receiving the visa is everything,, we're booking her flight to come here now... and it is pretty critical that she get here as soon as possible that week... 1 day later will make some difference. so we'd like to cut it as close as possible. any advice? (we'll be using an award / milage ticket so we can change the date if soemthing happens and she can't make the flight... but there aren't many milage seats and she might have to wait days for a milage seat to open up)

another decision we're making: do you think it matters if she arrive at the consulate after 8:00? she could fly up to rio that morning but she won't get from the airport to the consulate by 8. it will be more like 9:00. think anyone cares? she is worried that they won't even let her in the door if she isn't there at 8. what do you think?

thanks all.

http://www.myspace.com/scott_houck

It is all here man - http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...0De%20Janereiro

You can even scroll to the bottom and see the order they should be in. :thumbs:

E Boa sorte!

Edited by RandyFabi

Timeline

***K1 Visa****

Oct 24, 2006 9:34am - I-129F received at CSC

Oct 26, 2006 - NOA1

April 5, 2007 - Interview in Rio

April 5, 2007 - Received visa...picked up on April 10

April 16, 2007 - POE Houston

July 14, 2007 - MARRIED!!!

***Green Card****

Oct 8, 2007 - NOAS for AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 15, 2008 - EAD ordered

Feb 21, 2008 - AP appoved

April 2, 2008 - APPROVED and Card Production ordered

***Removal of Conditions***

Jan 20, 2010 - NOA1 - Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
...the woman told me for sure maira could pick up the visa THE NEXT DAY after the inteview. or, she could choose to have it delivered to her house - and the it would DEFINITELY BE THERE IN 2 DAYS after the interview. ..

hhmm it can happen for it to be ready to pick up the next day, but to deliver after 2 days hmmm, I don't know, I wouldn't count on that.

As for flying the same day to be there around 9am it's wayyyyy too risk, JMHO, I would NEVER do that. If there's an accident between the airport and the consulate and you're stuck in traffic, or if the flight is delayed, bye bye interview. Are you willing to wait longer to have another interview scheduled or to have them thinking you abandoned the case because you didn't show up? Risky risky.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

They deliver after 2 days depending on where you live. I got mine delivered after 2 days but I lived an hour away from Rio.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here is the document order for DCF/(IR-1/CR-1) interviews, as listed in our Packet 4.

1. Valid Passport.

2. Birth Certificate*.

3. Marriage Certificate*.

4. Divorce Decree* (if applicable).

5. Death Certificate from previous spouses* (if applicable).

6. Military Certificate* (if applicable).

7. Police Certificates*.

8. Affidavit of Support and including documents (If the Affidavit has not been previously sent to NVC along with the petitioner's last federal tax form).

9. Medical Examination Report.

10. One frontal photograph showing both ears (5x5cm or 5x7cm).

11. Application for Immigrant Visa Form DS-230 II (to be signed before the Consular Officer).

12. Court Records, including process in the US* (if applicable).

13. BCIS/DHS processes/records (eg deportation proceedings, voluntarily removal, change of visa category processes, petitions or hearings before immigration judges, etc.)*

If it is marked with an asterisk (*), it means you need to provide a simple copy of the documents as well.

Edited by koolaidman23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi there,

I was also a CR1, I got my visa the day after the interview and flew to the US on the same day. I guess the only way that it could be delayed is if they have a problem with the visa printing machine.

About the interview....first of all, I don't think she should fly to Rio on the day of the interview. What if something happens and she misses the interview altogether??? I find it too risky. Also, she should be there at 8 a.m. the latest. I guess maybe you can call the consulate and confirm this information, but I was there at 7:30 and was the 7th person in line. Fortunately I had all the documentation ready, so I was the 4th to be interviewed. I don't know if they will not allow her in if she comes after 8 because I never heard of that happening.

Documents...you don't need to bring a copy of the I-864 or the DS-230 part I, as they should have it there with the rest of the documents you sent. The list that koolaidman gave you is accurate and she should have all the documents ready to be presented on the day of the interview. She should have that list from the package 4. Usually they keep the copies and give you the originals back. We brought copies of everything just to be sure. In the end we had to give them the 2005 tax return paper, because we filed late and they didn't have that yet. Good thing we had it....

Anyways, if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to contact me....PM me if you want. And good luck to you guys!

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.