vjjmember111

N-400 question, spouse name

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Vj members,

I know i had asked this question before but couldn't get clear answer. I am about to send my N-400 package in a week.

I am bit confused about the spouse name section.

Part 10.

Let me start with an example:

My name: John Doe

Spouse: Marry Ann

Her passport and birth certificate has her name as Marry Ann. But in our daughter's birth certificate her name is written as

Marry Ann Doe

Also in our relationship proof doc. Her name is written as

Marry Ann (Doe)

When i fill out N-400, Part 10.4. How do i fill out the following?

a) Current Spouse's Legal Name:

Family Name(last name):

Given Name (first name):

Middle Name(if Applicable):

b) Current Spouse's Previous Legal Name:

Family Name(last name):

Given Name (first name):

Middle Name(if Applicable):

Your valuable suggestions will he highly appreciated. I heard that there will be some delay if there is some naming issues so just wanted to make sure that i am using the right information before sending my package.

Sorry, I don't know. I dont know what her legal name is. Did she drop or keep her maiden name? Also, what country is she from?

Edited by JoBri

Filed: Timeline

JoBri,

She hasn't dropped her maiden name. Instead she has appended my family name to her name as i said in an example above.

Marry Ann (Doe). So now her legal name would be Marry Ann (Doe).

Can I put her Last name as Ann Doe and First name as Marry?

Like i said her name in passport is: Marry Ann

Marriage Certificate: Marry Ann

Later Changed name to: Marry Ann (Doe) while updating state ID.

Name in Daughter's birth Certificate: Marry Ann (Doe).

I am from South Asia. I am taking an example. Her real name would be different than an example name.

• 3 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.