spmalone

Need some Help with K-2 AOS

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My K-2 daughter has been denied. The reason give is she was 18 when I married her mother. We are fighting it in court but are getting very close to her 21st birthday. I need to find as many cases where a K-2 was 18 or older when their parents married and still got a green card. The local USCIS office is wrong! They are stuck on the use of the word minor child in regards to the AOS. They are trying to say that she is too old. I know that there are cases out there where the K 2 adjusted status even when their parents married after they were 18. We are now going to district court. My lawyer wants to show that the USCIS has allowed cases like ours to AOS. If we can show that they have then we can make our case that the local office has it wrong. My lawyer has an e-mail I would send to explain what is being asked. But in short my lawyer can not just go into court and say that USCIS has changed their ways. She needs to see the evidence so she can swear to it in court. No names or cases well be used. I will send anybody who can help her e-mail. If you could help please do. If you know of someone who can help please ask them for us.

Thank you

Shawn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}