contruable

Have they started scheduling JUNE interview for Vietnam yet?

82 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Tyler,

First of all congrats on your approval. About statement for the airplane ticket, i was ignored my mom and paid most of them in cash (lost receipts) some was paid by my debit (however i closed that bank account a year ago)?. What should i do now?

Hi Tyler,

First of all congrats on your approval. About statement for the airplane ticket, i was ignored my mom and paid most of them in cash (lost receipts) some was paid by my debit (however i closed that bank account a year ago)?. What should i do now?

They might not require you to submit info on you plane tickets, but if they do it says to print off you bank statement 3 months before and after if you paid cash. I guess this is so they can see if someone is depositing money in you account to pay for the tickets besides you. Even with the account closed they should be able to pull up the old records for you.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage: 2015-08-07

I-130 Sent : 2015-12-19

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-12-24

I-130 Approved : 2016-01-13

NVC Received : 2016-01-22

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-02-02

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-02-03

Receive I-864 Package :

Send AOS Package :

Submit DS-261 : 2016-02-02

Receive IV Bill : 2016-02-05

Pay IV Bill : 2016-02-05

Hi Tyler,

Hi Tyler,

If it's a credit card account that was closed, then you can always access it online. But if it's your checking account, then you may have to pay some money to get your 12 month statements. I would try to get that with the bank for free though.

Thanks Tyler and Smartwater for the info. I'll try to talk to the bank this week. Also i hope we will receive something good this week Smartwater.

Timeline

Oh and Tyler congratulations!! And I am sorry about the first time. I would like to agree with Tyler's advice and prepare for anything. Our interview was easy and were out of there by 9:00 am. BUT there were so many denials there. We were lucky. We prepared for the worst and didn't use anything. It seems the CO made her decision already before we walked in. I would like to add to Tyler's advice and ORGANIZE your documents the way they want them. I didn't organize them, my wife did and she said there's alot of information online. Do that and the lady at the first desk won't yell at you and smile. I heard her yell at others for wasting her time. I'm just glad it's done.

Oh and Tyler congratulations!! And I am sorry about the first time. I would like to agree with Tyler's advice and prepare for anything. Our interview was easy and were out of there by 9:00 am. BUT there were so many denials there. We were lucky. We prepared for the worst and didn't use anything. It seems the CO made her decision already before we walked in. I would like to add to Tyler's advice and ORGANIZE your documents the way they want them. I didn't organize them, my wife did and she said there's alot of information online. Do that and the lady at the first desk won't yell at you and smile. I heard her yell at others for wasting her time. I'm just glad it's done.

Wow yelling at customers? This is typical Vietnamese public servant behavior and attitude. Not sure why people didn't file complaint.

Timeline

Wow yelling at customers? This is typical Vietnamese public servant behavior and attitude. Not sure why people didn't file complaint.

Yes!! She yelled at them for not organizing their documents well. She was saying she wasted a lot of time and there were so many people in line waiting. Here is some good information I found: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/324161-how-to-organize-your-documents/

I hope it helps!! Be sure to organize them well!! And don't forget anything!! Prepare for anything and expect anything. My wife and I did everything and brought so much evidence. But we didn't use any of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.