Siddo

K1 Visa, Islamabad - CO says 3 weeks, it took 7 weeks 2 days. CEAC was stuck on READY for 7 weeks.

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I promised myself that once my fiancee and I had her visa issued, I would create a thread and hope to answer questions for anyone else who was like me who wanted specific answers but couldn't get them.

Before you go any further, the first thing to understand is EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT

My specific case had the following details.

We filed the case on October 5th at the Texas Service Center. I live in Los Angeles, CA. But I read somewhere online that if I send it to Texas, it would be better. Anyway, I received letters here and there. I received an RFE which was a request for more evidence. I thought that was weird because I had sent like 10 pictures of us being loving and cute together. It turns out that all they wanted was a letter from her saying that she wants to marry me. So we sent that out the very next day. That was processed pretty quickly too. The USCIS worked very efficiently in my experience.

Fast forward to her Interview, this is the part that made both of us worried. We filled out the 3.5 Electronic Packet and sent it to the Islamabad Embassy. They sent us an email with her Interview letter on January 25th and scheduled her interview for February 16th.

Her interview went smoothly, she took a ridiculous amount of pictures and chat logs and call history and pictures of gifts and my airline ticket stubs and credit card statements and anything else that she could find to prove that we were a legitimate engaged couple. At the end of the interview, the CO said, "Everything looks fine, you'll get your passport back in 3 weeks."

Now the waiting started. We waited 7 weeks and sent them 2 emails in those 7 weeks. I made a table of the event to make the tracking easier. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Date Event Status Days Since Her Interview

December 16 Case Creation Date Ready

February 16 Actual Interview Ready for Interview

February 19 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 3 days

March 9 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 3 weeks & 1 day – 22 days

March 18 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 4 weeks & 2 days – 31 days

March 29 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 6 weeks – 42 days

March 31 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 6 week & 2 days – 44 days

April 1 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 6 week & 3 days – 45 days

April 4 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 6 week & 6 days – 48 days

April 6 Changed to NIV Ready 7 week & 1 day – 50 days

April 7 Administrative Processing ISSUED 7 week & 2 days – 51 days

Final thing, Don't lose hope. That CEAC status doesnt change much.

Edited by Siddo

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Asia: South Regional Forum~

~Commentary is consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Congrats my friend wish you guys the best..

remember me.. interview was a day after yours Feb 17..

I am.still.under Ready for interview last update was March 18..

I.have not.contact the embassy.

What should i do any advice?

Since we are a day apart.

Timeline

Congrats my friend wish you guys the best..

remember me.. interview was a day after yours Feb 17..

I am.still.under Ready for interview last update was March 18..

I.have not.contact the embassy.

What should i do any advice?

Since we are a day apart.

Hi LP,

If I remember correctly, your fiance was placed under Administrative Processing and given a 221g sheet. In my opinion, that was the main difference between our cases. My fiancee was told that she was approved.

In any case, do you know the reason as to why he was placed under administrative processing?

I've often seen quite a few cases get fixed when they fulfill the requirement given to them. For example, someone is placed under AP for not having enough evidence of the relationship. The very next day, they go home and collect all the pictures and phone records and send it to the embassy. When the embassy receives it, they keep working on your case. So, I think your first step would be to find out WHY you were given that white 221g sheet.

After doing that, I would determine my next step. Whether I should contact the congress woman, or if I should email the embassy, or take some other step. I really hope that your case starts to move fast. I know the pain of being without the person you love.

Timeline

The same week of the interview i contact the congresswoman and she emailed the embassy and stated this is a normal process and to wait at least 60 days.

When we asked why was 221g was given answer was need to do background check

Timeline

The same week of the interview i contact the congresswoman and she emailed the embassy and stated this is a normal process and to wait at least 60 days.

When we asked why was 221g was given answer was need to do background check

If I were in your position, the first thing I would do would be to make this background check easier for the embassy.

So, I would get all the school records of where my fiance had attended school. I would get all the travel records of where my fiance had EVER visited. I would get all the police records of any city that she had ever lived in. I would get all of her employment records or anything else that I could think of. I would get all of that together, and write a letter to the embassy that I want to assist them in their background check. I understand that they have to do their own research but I have nothing to hide and I want to help make this process easier.

Again, that's what I would do. Not necessarily what anyone else would recommend, but just something that I would feel helpful doing.

Timeline

On the date of his interview we had all of these documents in a folder and more. They actually kept his folder with more than 300 pages of documents.

We did all we can to make it easy for them with contact information as well. Also my work contact

Timeline

On the date of his interview we had all of these documents in a folder and more. They actually kept his folder with more than 300 pages of documents.

We did all we can to make it easy for them with contact information as well. Also my work contact

Oh... okay. Ummm, Well, it's been 52 days since his interview, so I guess you have to wait another week before sending them another email inquiring about your case. I hope they have some more information on your case for you. Inshallah you'll be reunited with your loved one soon.

Timeline

Thank you so much my friend please keep me in your prayers.. inshallah i get to be with my love one very soon..

And my date wedding was supposed to be tomorrow April 9th.

Timeline

Thank you so much my friend please keep me in your prayers.. inshallah i get to be with my love one very soon..

And my date wedding was supposed to be tomorrow April 9th.

Aww I can imagine. Send them an email inquiry after 60 days. But you'll listen something good by the end of this week Inshaa Allah Inshaa Allah

Timeline

Hello VJ Members,

First of all, congratz to Siddo for successfully getting the K1 visa!!!!!! I joined this forum today and found the information posted by members extremely helpful. Also realized that progress of my own specific fiancée visa status has been exceedingly sluggish.

My fiancée in the US (Baltimore MD) filed the petition for alien fiancé (form I-129F) on October 19, 2015. She got the approval form and letter dated December 04, 2015 that the NVC will forward the approved petition to US Embassy in Islamabad and the Embassy will contact me. My CEAC status says "READY", being created on December 01, 2015 and last updated on December 14, 2015. However, I have not received any package from the Embassy as of yet containing the respective forms and instructions. I have today emailed the Embassy that the status has been pending for long and requested to expedite the process.

Can you guys suggest any recommendations to move the process forward and a bit faster??? Also, may I have the medical examination and vaccinations or wait until I receive the package from the Embassy???

Timeline

Hello VJ Members,

First of all, congratz to Siddo for successfully getting the K1 visa!!!!!! I joined this forum today and found the information posted by members extremely helpful. Also realized that progress of my own specific fiancée visa status has been exceedingly sluggish.

My fiancée in the US (Baltimore MD) filed the petition for alien fiancé (form I-129F) on October 19, 2015. She got the approval form and letter dated December 04, 2015 that the NVC will forward the approved petition to US Embassy in Islamabad and the Embassy will contact me. My CEAC status says "READY", being created on December 01, 2015 and last updated on December 14, 2015. However, I have not received any package from the Embassy as of yet containing the respective forms and instructions. I have today emailed the Embassy that the status has been pending for long and requested to expedite the process.

Can you guys suggest any recommendations to move the process forward and a bit faster??? Also, may I have the medical examination and vaccinations or wait until I receive the package from the Embassy???

Oh my, that's terrible!! You should've emailed them earlier man. Kind of same thing happened with me. Islamabad embassy delayed my packet 3.5 with like 1.5 month so my fiancé and I sent then emails and then they sent the packet. I'm sorry that it took so long, it shouldn't have. It normally doesn't take so long. That's what I learnt on this forum and so I sent the email after waiting for 3 weeks. All the best. Hope they respond back to your email and send you packet 3.5 soon.

And you were supposed to receive that packet on the last date updated by ceac web!

Timeline

@ M and A

thank you so much for those words you giving me hope. Inshallah my friend allah hears my prayers.. I promise you as.soon.i get answer you will be the first from VJ to know. April 9th was supposed to be my wedding in the USA.. i am not giving up on faith of Allah!!

Timeline

@ M and A

thank you so much for those words you giving me hope. Inshallah my friend allah hears my prayers.. I promise you as.soon.i get answer you will be the first from VJ to know. April 9th was supposed to be my wedding in the USA.. i am not giving up on faith of Allah!!

I know. It broke my heart when I read that 9th April was the date when you guys had planned your wedding. I asked my fiancé and mom to pray for you guys too. And my mom said that whatever is happening is happening with the will of Allah, so it has to be better this way, in Sha Allah. I'm hoping that you hear something this week In sha Allah in Sha Allah.

Timeline

Amen my friend amen..

Thank you million times. Inshallah i will get good news this week. If i do i will plan my wedding for May. I am ready just to start my life with my fiance. This is all i want in life is to be with my fiance. I am not asking for any else Inshallah allah grant my wish.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.