sydneyvsqz

After NOA2. What now!!???

29 posts in this topic

Is DS260 the only fee? or will there be more at the embassy interview? or medical appointment? I just want to make sure I have everything ready.. by the way thanks everyone all this info is very helpful !! :)

My fiance just went through the process last week. He paid the $265 (pesos) at the bank. The medical was $190 without vaccines. For K-1 visa it is not required to get the vaccines in DR, if you choose to get the vaccines there, its $200 and something dollars. I don't remember the exact amount.

Our interview is next week on the 31st. :dancing: I keep reading the list over and over again to make sure we have everything.

Good luck with your process. You can send me a message if you have any questions. I'm leaving on the 30th to DR. I'll let you know how it goes and what to expect when I return.

My fiance just went through the process last week. He paid the $265 (pesos) at the bank. The medical was $190 without vaccines. For K-1 visa it is not required to get the vaccines in DR, if you choose to get the vaccines there, its $200 and something dollars. I don't remember the exact amount.

Our interview is next week on the 31st. :dancing: I keep reading the list over and over again to make sure we have everything.

Good luck with your process. You can send me a message if you have any questions. I'm leaving on the 30th to DR. I'll let you know how it goes and what to expect when I return.

Okk thanks soo much for the info. I was so confused. And yes please get back to me when you return. i will greatly appreciate it :) and good luck?

Just to clarify the fee $265 (you pay in pesos $12,190) The medical is $190 Dollars.

Okk thanks soo much for the info. I was so confused. And yes please get back to me when you return. i will greatly appreciate it :) and good luck?

Thank you!! I'll keep you posted.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope everything is well !!

Yes, everything is good! How are you?

I got back on Saturday, Visa was approved. We just got an email this morning that the passport and visa are ready to be picked up. He's on his way there now to pick it up. I was hoping he could fly back with me, Hopefully he'll be home with me next week! :dancing:

The interview was so easy. They only asked us a few questions.

Questions they asked him:

Where do I work? How long have I been working there?

Do I have children? How many? What are their names and ages?

Has he ever travel outside DR before?

Questions they asked me:

How did we meet?

How did he propose?

What are his parents names?

How many brothers and sisters does he have? and their names?

It was just an easy going conversation. The consul was very nice, He then asked to see pictures of us. And then he said :"approved"

We were prepared with all the required documents, but they didn't ask to see mine.

When is your interview?

My advis, get there early. Our interview was at 7:00 am, my fiance told me the night before we were going to get there at 4am, and I was like "No that's too early" LOL Thank God I listened to him, when we got there there was already a line. They start letting people in at 6:30 am. We were done and outta there by 8:15 am. I couldn't believe the line when we got outside. There must have been at least 500 people on line. It was crazy. But overall, it was an easy experience. We had all our documents in order and it was a simple, easy interview.

I got back on Saturday, Visa was approved. We just got an email this morning that the passport and visa are ready to be picked up. He's on his way there now to pick it up. I was hoping he could fly back with me, Hopefully he'll be home with me next week! :dancing:

Questions they asked me:

How did we meet?

How did he propose?

It was just an easy going conversation. The consul was very nice, He then asked to see pictures of us. And then he said :"approved"

We were prepared with all the required documents, but they didn't ask to see mine.

When is your interview?

My advis, get there early. Our interview was at 7:00 am, my fiance told me the night before we were going to get there at 4am, and I was like "No that's too early" LOL Thank God I listened to him, when we got there there was already a line. They start letting people in at 6:30 am. We were done and outta there by 8:15 am. I couldn't believe the line when we got outside. There must have been at least 500 people on line. It was crazy. But overall, it was an easy experience. We had all our documents in order and it was a simple, easy interview. [/quot

oh wow!! congrats!!!!! I'm super excited I just got my NOA2 last week so hopefully by August we should interview. Did you have to pay anything once you got inside for the interview?

No, we didn't pay anything. You have to pay for the visa prior to your interview at the bank. The medical you pay the day of the exam. That's it.

I think if you want the visa delivered to a certain address, you have to paid a small fee, like $11.00 USD or so. I'm not sure because we opted to pick his up at the VAC, so we didn't pay anything.

Questions they asked me:

How did we meet?

How did he propose?

When is your interview?

My advis, get there early. Our interview was at 7:00 am, my fiance told me the night before we were going to get there at 4am, and I was like "No that's too early" LOL Thank God I listened to him, when we got there there was already a line. They start letting people in at 6:30 am. We were done and outta there by 8:15 am. I couldn't believe the line when we got outside. There must have been at least 500 people on line. It was crazy. But overall, it was an easy experience. We had all our documents in order and it was a simple, easy interview.

What exactly do we bring to banco popular to pay the fee?

When you complete the DS160 and hit "payment" A page will pop up, you print that page and take to the bank. It has the application # on top. The bank will reference that number when applying your payment. The bank will then give you a receipt with the same number on top.

Once you paid, you have to wait 1 day and then you log in again to ustraveldocs, you will then see that you can continue with setting up your interview and VAC appointment.

• 1 month later...

Hey my friend! hope your fiancee made it!! I have a quick question, Does my fiancee need to go to the embassy to pick up instructions as to what other paperwork/ steps are needed? he hasn't recieved anything and the appt is set to be in August. so far the ds160 is done, appt set. i know he needs a police record as we get closer. i also know an affidavit of support with supporting docs are needed as well as evidence we are still communicating. anything else?? Thanks for all your help!

Was August the soonest you were able to schedule your interview?

I am still waiting on NVC to receive my packet, and my NOA2 is valid April 7 - Aug. 6.

Should I worry?

Jan. 28, 2016: mailed the I-129F application

Feb. 1, 2016 arrived to the lockbox NOA1

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Feb. 8, 2016 Signed return receipt arrived

April 7, 2016 Case was approved NOA2

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug. 17, 2016 arrived to NVC FINALLY!!!!

Aug. 22, 2016 Case and Invoice number and sent to Santo Domingo

Aug. 24 Case READY in Santo Domingo :)

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Oct. 12 Documents collected from the Embassy

Oct. 14 Passport ready for pick up :)

Hey my friend! hope your fiancee made it!! I have a quick question, Does my fiancee need to go to the embassy to pick up instructions as to what other paperwork/ steps are needed? he hasn't recieved anything and the appt is set to be in August. so far the ds160 is done, appt set. i know he needs a police record as we get closer. i also know an affidavit of support with supporting docs are needed as well as evidence we are still communicating. anything else?? Thanks for all your help!

Yes, my fiancee is here. He's been here for a month now. We're getting married in two weeks :)

No you're fiancee does not need to go to the embassy for any instructions. All the documents you need are listed in the Dominican Embassy website. Go the website and click on K1 Visa instructions. Also, when he goes to his medical exam, they will give him a list there too.

• 2 weeks later...

Was August the soonest you were able to schedule your interview?

I am still waiting on NVC to receive my packet, and my NOA2 is valid April 7 - Aug. 6.

Should I worry?[/quote

It actually wasn't the soonest. Ee chise August 3 because i needed to make some money. the soonest Icould've chosen was May going into June but i was in DR and got back to US on May 15 so financially it didnt make sense to go right back to DR or extend my trip. I went to visit the fianncee thinking the nvc will take forever and wouldn't get to DR until early June(thats what rep told me) so we decided for me to go visit him in early May. when i got there we decided to call NVC an d check status, it was already sent to D R a few days before i got there

About the NOA2 letter, i actually go to the consulate appointment the same day as it expires, USCIS said it's not a problem. Obviously if the already or wil soon make appt , i would make sure to get another letter if its after it expires

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.