gill8g

ready to mail the I-751 package but have a few questions.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone.

1) my question is our checking and saving account is on both of our names, my USC spouse and I. However, we only use it to pay our bills like credit cards and student loans, we don't use this for everyday stuff like shopping or dining. will this cause any issue like lack of transactions?

we like to use our credit cards for everyday stuff and I am authorized user however it doesn't show my name on the monthly statement. should i even bother to send it even-tho it only shows my USC spouse name? i did include a photocopy of the actual credit cards showing the same account number under our names.

2) lack of co-ownership of any property and Utility bills. we live together with my in laws and the mortgage and all the utilities bills are under my Father and Mother-in laws name therefore, I included their driver license to prove that we all live together. is this good enough?

below is the list of our relationship that i have, please advise if this is more than enough.

• A copy of our (Married filing Joint) tax return transcript and account transcript for 2015, 2014 and 2013 along with all the W2 for all 3 years.

• A complete copy of every monthly statement of our saving account from August 2015 to February 2016.

• A complete copy of every monthly statement of our checking account from June 2014 to February 2016

• A copy of the actual credit cards showing the same account number under both of our names.

• A copy of our driver's licenses showing the same home address. Also included my Father and Mother-in laws

• A copy of Auto insurance verifying Joint auto liability coverage under both of our names from April 2015 to June 2016.

• A copy of our family cell phone bills for all months in 2016, 2015 and from October to December of 2014.

• A copy of our travel ticket from Chicago to New Delhi, India vacation in February to March of 2016

• A copy of our travel ticket from Chicago to Calgary for a family friend visit. May 30 to May 31 of 2015

• A copy of our travel ticket to Hong Kong and India vacation in February to March of 2015

• A copy of our travel ticket from Chicago to San Francisco family vacation in September to October 2014

• A copy of our hotel bill when we went to Calgary, Canada May 30 to May 31 of 2015

• A copy of our hotel bill when we went to Toronto, Canada. It was a road trip and we stayed overnight in Detroit, MI in 2015

• A copy of our hotel bill when we went to Toronto, Canada. It was a road trip and we stayed overnight in Detroit, MI in 2014

• Many copies of the pictures we took together and families over the past few years

• My Facebook printouts of my profile picture. It shows the date it was uploaded and comments from friends and families. Some printouts are from my husband’s Facebook page.

• Two birthday cards I gave my husband in 2013 and 2014.

• My husband’s Skype caller history of him calling me before I moved to the United States from April 2014 to March 2013.

• Our viper instant chat messages for various months between 2013 and 2014 before I moved to the United States.

thank you so much for your time and hope everyone have a good weekend.

sincerely,

jay

Edited by gill8g

Timeline

The IO could question the lack of transactions in your accounts which is why I would also include the credit card stuff to show that you both do have financial co-mingling. It's normal that people use credit cards for everyday purchases rather than debit cards/checking accounts. As you mentioned, include a copy of the actual credit cards and then throw in several credit cards statements, even if it shows only one spouse's name.

Your living situation with in-laws is common. Have them write a notarized affidavit that you both are living with them and attesting to your bonafide relationship. Alternatively, you can explain the situation yourself in a cover letter.

Your list looks awesome. I would omit the Facebook printouts. Have you considered including healthcare power of attorneys and/or wills?

thank you, I will include several of those statements. Also, my credit card is under my husband's amazon account and we make purchase regularly from my CC. Should i include a printout showing my credit card under his account and statement from my bank showing all the amazon purchase?

I will include a letter from my father in law.

not really, since we don't have any kids or any property. we just never talked about that.

Timeline

also, when sending the green card copy (front and back). is it ok to have front and back on one page?

i got an express mail box from the post office but i don't want to just put 3 -4 inch of paper in the box. any suggestion?

Edited by gill8g

Timeline

Thank you for the advise on healthcare power of attorney. it only takes like 15 min on legalzoom but will it seems fishy doing it now? right before sending the i-751?

Timeline

If you read the very last post in this thread, TBoneTX provides a very good answer to your dilemma.

thank you for your time. I am sending my package today and have one more dilemma :(

the tax transcript i got from IRS are printed double side on each page (front and back). should i scan and reprint so they only print on one side?

thanks again....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.