abdo&s

Case Completed, but no upgrade yet

3 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am having a hard time with NVC and I would like some advice please.

so far my preference category is F2A, PD March 2nd 2015, i have case completed by phone on Feb 19th and received the email on Feb 26th.

but what's make me nervous is that NVC reviewed my Documents which have a copy of my naturalization certification and a letter saying that I became a USC asking for upgrade. so I had CC but no upgrade, I called customer service some told me no visa available, I said I am a USC now, they told me when did you send your naturalization I said with all documents on Jan 11th. they told me it's not updated yet... we are going to forward your case to a supervisor :(

also they told me that there is a different department that take care of this request!!

I don't know what I did wrong, and why my petition didn't get upgraded yet?

is there is any similar case or any advice guys. do you think my case get forwarded to a different department and it's under review for upgrade or just stuck somewhere?

Thank you in advance

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Abdo&s,

First of all, do not send 2 things at the same time to NVC..they always overlook some..

You sent the case documents to NVC together with a request to upgrade your petition..

NEVER do that..send them separately...

What you can do now is re-send the Naturalization certificate copy and your request to upgrade, with Case Completion mail copy as well from NVC to below address :

National Visa Center,

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite # 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

With the cover letter as below :

JOHN DOE

ABD DEF AVENUE

SANTA ROSA

CA XXXXX

Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX

03/12/2016

National Visa Center,

Re: Upgrading a Petition from F2A to IMMEDIATE RELATIVE

Dear Sir/Madam:

While I was a legal permanent resident, I petitioned for my spouse and recently became a US citizen.

Case Details:

Petitioner: JOHN DOE

Beneficiary: JANE DOE

Preference Category: F2A, Spouse of LPR

Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Case Status : Case Completed at NVC

A copy of my naturalization certificate, copy of case completion mail received from NVC are enclosed herewith.

Please upgrade my wife from category F2A to immediate relative, and proceed with consular processing.

Very truly yours,

JOHN DOE

Encl:

Copy of naturalization certificate

Copy of case completion mail received from NVC

You will get an upgrade within 2 weeks, rather than wait for supervisor review..which will be like 60 days wait..

You can also fill out the upgrade form online as mentioned in the link below :

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/sample-letter-telling-us-nvc-that-you-re-now-citizen-so-your-family-are-now-immediate-rel

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Hope you will get an upgrade soon...

Edited by anishp

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Abdo&s,

First of all, do not send 2 things at the same time to NVC..they always overlook some..

You sent the case documents to NVC together with a request to upgrade your petition..

NEVER do that..send them separately...

What you can do now is re-send the Naturalization certificate copy and your request to upgrade, with Case Completion mail copy as well from NVC to below address :

National Visa Center,

With the cover letter as below :

JOHN DOE

ABD DEF AVENUE

SANTA ROSA

CA XXXXX

Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX

03/12/2016

National Visa Center,

Re: Upgrading a Petition from F2A to IMMEDIATE RELATIVE

Dear Sir/Madam:

While I was a legal permanent resident, I petitioned for my spouse and recently became a US citizen.

Case Details:

Petitioner: JOHN DOE

Beneficiary: JANE DOE

Preference Category: F2A, Spouse of LPR

Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Case Status : Case Completed at NVC

A copy of my naturalization certificate, copy of case completion mail received from NVC are enclosed herewith.

Please upgrade my wife from category F2A to immediate relative, and proceed with consular processing.

Very truly yours,

JOHN DOE

Encl:

Copy of naturalization certificate

Copy of case completion mail received from NVC

You will get an upgrade within 2 weeks, rather than wait for supervisor review..which will be like 60 days wait..

You can also fill out the upgrade form online as mentioned in the link below :

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/sample-letter-telling-us-nvc-that-you-re-now-citizen-so-your-family-are-now-immediate-rel

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Hope you will get an upgrade soon...

Anishp,

Thank you so much for your reply, thanks for the advice and all the ideas you have give it to me; it will for sure help me face this issue.

about the online method at ASK NVC, yes I tried it on March 1st, but so far i didn't heard anything;

I hope this will not take that longer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.