longdistance12345

Nikah Nama - urdu marriage certificate. I dont have the english and have no clue what to do with attestation

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It seems I have got myself into toruble before even filing out the first application. According to some posters I need

1. Urdu Nikah Nama

2. English Nikah Nama

3. Some kind of extra certification of marriage??

The problem is that I do not have the english version and it seems to require the signatures of all the people on the URDU version such as the witnesses. Then apparently I have to get it signed up people in Pakistan foreign ministry to prove its them or something. That shipping turn around alone is 1 month is not more.

I don't know what to do for bonafide marriage because its an arranged marriage and I stayed for two weeks. Just have a few pics and rest is whatapp chats.

Wifes ID card is being processed and they are planning on changing her name to my last name so now im worried her passport and new ID will have a different last name than the one on the marriage papers.

What will happen if I send color copies of everything without attestation? Arent these documents supposed to be verifiable through computer systems? I didnt know attestation mattered these days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salam bro,

Don't worry about the attestation we didn't attest our Nikah and was approved no problem. What they do need is the Urdu Nikah Nama which should be registered with the Cantt board or union council (depending on where your wife lives.) You will need a translated English copy of the Nikah Nama. Make sure the translator is legit ad competent in doing translations. You don't want a translator how has spelling mistakes etc. the translator should have a seal or some sort.

Really that's all you need. We did get the NADRA marriage certificate to go along with the English and Urdu Nikahs. You can get this from the NADRA office in the area. You really don't need to get this though. We got it for when we submitted our application. I think it makes it look better if you do but not necessary.

Try to send as much evidence of bonafide marriage was possible. Get pictures, chats etc. passport stamps from visits and plane tickets would help as well. Affidavits don't weigh that much as evidence but maybe you can get a few from people writing about your relationship.

Don't worry about her name being different. They will understand I'm sure that she has changed her name after getting married. I'm pretty sure they ask someone on the forms of her maiden name and any name changes (sorry if I'm wrong it's been awhile since I looked at the forms but I'm pretty sure there is somewhere it says that)

Edited by 1voice1life

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got my nikkah nama translated into English by the notary office,they attested n stamped by themselves n I got it done in max half an hr and you can get your marriage certificate from NADRA.

Thank you both for your comments. I just came back but as I started this process I realized I made some mistakes.

As for the english Nikah Nama - does it have to be remade in the presence of those same people who signed as witnesses? Can I just make the english translation and send it with the urdu version?

Right now my wifes ID card is being made and then she will apply for a pakistani passport. Can I start this process with just the i-130 form ,her pictures, marriage certificate + english/urdu nikah nama, and all of my stuff? then by the time i have to send the other packet i will have all the other documents made and ready ( next 2-3 months)

They want bonafide marriage details now but I think he nikah nama has it explained that she has ownership in the house my father own and hence she is entitled my share. That's all I have.

She also has the sign the G-4xxx form right?

Edited by longdistance12345

Thank you both for your comments. I just came back but as I started this process I realized I made some mistakes.

As for the english Nikah Nama - does it have to be remade in the presence of those same people who signed as witnesses? Can I just make the english translation and send it with the urdu version?

Right now my wifes ID card is being made and then she will apply for a pakistani passport. Can I start this process with just the i-130 form ,her pictures, marriage certificate + english/urdu nikah nama, and all of my stuff? then by the time i have to send the other packet i will have all the other documents made and ready ( next 2-3 months)

They want bonafide marriage details now but I think he nikah nama has it explained that she has ownership in the house my father own and hence she is entitled my share. That's all I have.

She also has the sign the G-4xxx form right?

In my opinion, all you need is a translation of the nikah nama in English, no witnesses or signatures needed on the translated version because it is simply a translation and was not a part of the actual nikah. I would send a copy of both Urdu nikah nama and its English translation.

• 1 month later...

I am about to send everything I have tomorrow, I wish I didnt wait a whole month to get everything. They are all copies and I dont have any way of getting attestation. If there is a RFE, will it be at this stage or the next? I am going to send the originals back to my wife and tell her to make the copies and attest them all just in case.

I dread thinking of how long this process will take. Would have quit my job but it's difficult to live without money :(

I am hearing some people are getting interviews in 6-7 months ? is that even possible? doesnt seem so from this site

• 6 years later...

***Zombie thread from 2016 closed.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.