PRINCESSLEE

Persons with Case Complete Awaiting Interview in Jamaica

919 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

already sent them an email yesterday but they but they will respond within 5days so 4 more days before I hear anything! Is your hubby here yet?

Nope...they will respond sooner...at least in the past they have been really good about responding before the 5 days.

And nope he's not here yet..we were still struggling with paying 400.00 for a 1 way ticket but got past that and now just waiting...next month. Your wife will beat him here!

Timeline

Nope...they will respond sooner...at least in the past they have been really good about responding before the 5 days.

And nope he's not here yet..we were still struggling with paying 400.00 for a 1 way ticket but got past that and now just waiting...next month. Your wife will beat him here!

Today is day 4 and they still haven't respond to my email. They update the case again today but it's still on ready. I hope we get thru soon. That ridiculous because there are tons of flights from Ja to Atlanta, there's got to be cheaper flight.

Timeline

So...it changed from AP to Ready? A tad bit confused on that one? Thought it would go from AP to Issues. Stay on top of it. The sad part is that there is no number that one can call, well there is but they will tell you that you must submit an email inquiry. If my Monday you don't hear anything...send another email. Then if nothing, involve your senator...the research I have done indicates that they have a "person" that helps with such issues. Make sure that you have everything documented...such as the dates that you've emailed, if you've placed calls..etc trying to check to see if there is am issue or not. I don't think it will come to that but know what your next move will be just in case. For some reason, I read on here that past history with JA starting in June JA embassy tends to slow down somewhat as they begin to process student visas which may very well be the case but who knows. Wish I was there to offer some more definitive answers for you.

As far as the ticket is concerned, I've really not concerned about anymore...I only lost ALL my airline point and will have to rebuild (that might take 200 years to do so). So, even though it was about 400.00 (one way) the grand total for me at check out was 0.00 (winning). A couple of days later I upgraded him for a few bucks (not to first class...didn't want him to get use to that right off???)..but he does he free wine and spirits and checked bag fee..so all in all around 100.00 bucks...I can't be too mad about it. But I'm willing to bet $100.00 says that they go down after this week though.

Stay on top of things man...seeing this thing through til the end with you!! Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist in anyway...

I see you all talking about ds260 confirmation number, is that the same as the invoice ID?

Did you get an answer to your question?

Timeline

So...it changed from AP to Ready? A tad bit confused on that one? Thought it would go from AP to Issues. Stay on top of it. The sad part is that there is no number that one can call, well there is but they will tell you that you must submit an email inquiry. If my Monday you don't hear anything...send another email. Then if nothing, involve your senator...the research I have done indicates that they have a "person" that helps with such issues. Make sure that you have everything documented...such as the dates that you've emailed, if you've placed calls..etc trying to check to see if there is am issue or not. I don't think it will come to that but know what your next move will be just in case. For some reason, I read on here that past history with JA starting in June JA embassy tends to slow down somewhat as they begin to process student visas which may very well be the case but who knows. Wish I was there to offer some more definitive answers for you.

As far as the ticket is concerned, I've really not concerned about anymore...I only lost ALL my airline point and will have to rebuild (that might take 200 years to do so). So, even though it was about 400.00 (one way) the grand total for me at check out was 0.00 (winning). A couple of days later I upgraded him for a few bucks (not to first class...didn't want him to get use to that right off???)..but he does he free wine and spirits and checked bag fee..so all in all around 100.00 bucks...I can't be too mad about it. But I'm willing to bet $100.00 says that they go down after this week though.

Stay on top of things man...seeing this thing through til the end with you!! Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist in anyway...

no but i figured it out thanks

Timeline

I appreciate you very much, but my wife said the gentleman told her it takes about two weeks and being the she had to send back her passport from Cayman he did know how long. The update it again Friday but still in ready never once go to ap.

And yeah they still haven't responded to my email.

Timeline

I appreciate you very much, but my wife said the gentleman told her it takes about two weeks and being the she had to send back her passport from Cayman he did know how long. The update it again Friday but still in ready never once go to ap.

And yeah they still haven't responded to my email.

Okay. You guys did send her package a way that it could be tracked, right? I might have missed that part....the embassy does have the passport on hand...

Timeline

Okay. You guys did send her package a way that it could be tracked, right? I might have missed that part....the embassy does have the passport on hand...

Yes embassy has the passport from June 16,2016. They update it 3 times but still says ready. We have a DHL tracking number for the return to Cayman but it's still at the embassy.

Just send another email for them to see Tuesday morning, because my wife needs her passport to show that she is legally working in Cayman,

Timeline

Yes embassy has the passport from June 16,2016. They update it 3 times but still says ready. We have a DHL tracking number for the return to Cayman but it's still at the embassy.

Just send another email for them to see Tuesday morning, because my wife needs her passport to show that she is legally working in Cayman,

That's crazy. I don't believe that they celebrate the holiday tomorrow...and should be open. I'm sure you know what your next move is...As always stay on top of it because if you don't, it will sit and collect dust somewhere.

Timeline

That's crazy. I don't believe that they celebrate the holiday tomorrow...and should be open. I'm sure you know what your next move is...As always stay on top of it because if you don't, it will sit and collect dust somewhere.

Yes they celebrate every American holidays(the embassy does).I am trying to push some heat but I have read of other people being in the same situation.

All she needs to do is get her employer give her a copy of the letter saying she got a permit ....we all get one .. Edited by sasha8384

Timeline

All she needs to do is get her employer give her a copy of the letter saying she got a permit ....we all get one ..

Ok thanks I will pass this info on to her.

Timeline

Yes they celebrate every American holidays(the embassy does).I am trying to push some heat but I have read of other people being in the same situation.

I did some research today,I hope this helps, if you haven't received a response to your email.It turns out there are a lot of people going through the same thing on here in Jamaica.Here's the link to a previous post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/594317-visa-status-issued-no-passport/

This user in Jamaica said she had been waiting on her visa several weeks now,did her interview April 21,sent email inquires no response.Turns out her package was sitting at the DHL office with no information of whom to send it to.She went to dhl in person to the head office.Apparently phone calls don't work anymore.I also saw post were users post they had to wait for months n then had to reschedule for another interview or request additional information,or it may not appear in AP but it might be in AP. All the users in Jamaica who post on these topics stated that you have to stay on it.

HERE ARE THE STEPS I GATHERED BELOW FROM PREVIOUS USERS:

1.Call NVC-even if your package is in another country, they can still make inquires on your behalf to give you a status update (ask to speak to a supervisor if possible )

2.Call the DOS department of state 202-663-1225

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Department_of_State follow the instructions from the site.

3.If your wife is still in JA,ask her to visit the DHL head office to inquire in person if your package is truly not there sitting in limbo,or ask someone to go on your behalf. (Family member etc.)

4.Try to get assistance from a lawyer,or have them send and email on ur behalf,they use different emails for lawyers it seems an faster response time.

This is all the information I have gathered thus far,I hope this truly helps.Ik your aching n want to see your wife,guys tend to act all masculine but they are just as sensitive.Again Pray n stay. focus.

Edited by dkd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.