ChasUno

Does USCIS always acknowledge receipt of RFE's on the online case tracker?

3 posts in this topic

Quick question. I receive an RFE for initial evidence on November 27th. I replied to this RFE, and sent it back via USPS tracked/ signed for. It was confirmed delivered on December 26th. However, my USCIS case tracker never updated to "RFE received". It's still showing the same status as when they said they sent the RFE on November 27th and won't begin working on my case until they receive it. And yes, I've tried calling USCIS and they can't confirm that it has been received or not, but still state that I can't submit a service request as my case is still within normal processing times.

Has anyone else replied to an RFE and not had USCIS update their online case tracker to show it was received?

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes, we received an RFE related to our ROC petition. We submitted the additional evidence per the RFE instructions, subsequently received signed and dated delivery receipt from USPS of the package delivery to USCIS. After a week or so, the case tracker said case approved, we received the 10-year GCs in another week or so. I don't believe that the USCIS case tracker ever indicated RFE received.

YMMV.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Thanks for the information Pitya. Your case changed after a week without updating that they'd received the RFE. Mine is now over 2 months since they received it (according to USPS) with no update. The last update on my case was November 27th, which states that they sent the RFE to me. Since then, nothing.

The only thing that I think is in anyway positive is that the RFE stated that it needed to be replied to within 87 days from November 27th. As those 87 days have now long since passed and they haven't informed me that my case is cancelled or told me that the RFE was never received, then just maybe something is happening. I just wish they'd acknowledged receipt of the RFE, or that the USCIS officers could even tell me that it's in my file. Then I could at least know all is in order and that I just have to wait.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.