blackeyedsusan

NOA2 for K-1 - What to expect for Haiti?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi everyone! I just got NOA2 this week and I'm so excited. I know there is still a lot of waiting ahead, but every milestone is encouraging. I'm trying to get prepared for the next steps and I have a few questions:

1) What kind of documents can I expect will be required from my fiance in Haiti? Specifically, does anybody know what will be in the packet that he receives from the embassy? I know he will need the I-134, letter of intent to marry, and proof of an ongoing relationship. I was just wondering if there is anything else that is country-specific.

2) Does he wait to schedule the medical exam until he receives the packet from the embassy, or could he go ahead and do this?

3) How long does it normally take for the visa to be issued after the interview, assuming he is approved? I know this is country specific, but for Haiti, I have heard everything from 1 week to 2 months!

Thank you!

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

03/16/16 - NVC case number assigned

03/17/16 - In transit to consulate

03/22/16 - "Ready" on CEAC tracker

04/14/16 - Received packet 3 by email

04/15/16 - Medical exam

04/28/16 - Interview - Approved!

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

Timeline

Thank you! I don't know how I missed that.

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

04/15/16 - Medical exam

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

Timeline

Packet 3 that I received via email yesterday. Letter is in French so I translated through Google translate. You will also receive a cover letter addressed to the beneficiary.

Embassy of the United States of America

Port au Prince, Haiti

INSTRUCTIONS K-1 / K-2 VISAS

The Embassy of the United States is pleased to inform you that we recently received an I-129F Application filled in your favor by your fiancé (e) American (e), according to the provisions of Section 101 (a) (15) (K) of the law of immigration and Citizenship. Please read and follow to the letter the instructions listed below.

1. Have a valid passport or you already have one, make sure it is still valid for at least 6 months from the date of appointment.

2. Complete the DS-160 online form on https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/

Keep your confirmation number DS 160 - you need to pay for your visa and to secure your appointment.

3. Create a profile: visit www.ustraveldocs.com/ht and press on "Create an Account"

a) Follow the proposals and select the right category of visa and enter the confirmation number from your DS-160 when requested. Complete the registration form and follow the steps. Then you will be able to generate a schedule to complete your payment visa and also a transaction confirmation number.

b) Go to any SogeXpress with your schedule and make your payment (US $ 265.00 per person).

4. Get your extract of birth certificate with the National Archives (original and copy).

a) If you were married before, get what (s) extract (s) of marriage, divorce or extract extract deaths prove the dissolution of each of these prior marriages.

b) If you have minor children of your / your marriage (s) prior (s) and accompanying you to the United States, a birth certificate of the National Archives is required for each.

c) If you were tried for crime or other offense against justice, submit decisions / judgments of Justice certified.

5. Follow the instructions on the forms attached in connection with the format of passport photos and the medical assessment which are compulsory parts.

6. Once all the documentation is complete, you are able to schedule an appointment.

To schedule an appointment, please research at: www.ustraveldocs.com/ht and press "New Appointment" by following the steps below.

Step 1: Choose "residence visa" and continue

Step 2: Choose "Visa K" and continue

Step 3: Choose your visa category and continue

Step 4: Check your information and continue

Step 5: Continue (you can add another child accompanying you).

Select the desired day in the calendar.

The day of your interview Bring a copy of your confirmation of appointment, which contains two coded numbers at the bottom of the page. You must also provide all forms and documents required for your interview, including a valid passport.

IMPORTANT:

No assurance can be guaranteed that the visa will be granted. The final decision will be taken only after a consular officer has reviewed the application, documents and he personally interviewed (s) applicant (s).

Recipients should not in any way plan starting arrangements, sale of personal property, or any other measure of importance that only when they have received their visa. K1 / K2 visa is valid for six months.

The Consular Section is ready to conclude as quickly as possible. However, if complications would come to appear, applying it may have to return to the American Consulate or having to provide additional documentation.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION

US immigration law prohibited, for health reasons, social protection and public safety, the issue of visas to persons who have contracted a contagious disease, such as: tuberculosis, inguinal granuloma, venereal diseases ( chancroid, syphilis, gonorrhea, etc.), leprosy. So every potential immigrant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination by a doctor designated by the Consular Section before him can not be issued an immigrant visa.

* Chest x-ray (for anyone aged 15 or more);

* Reaction Wassermann or Kahn (for anyone aged 14 or over);

* Preventive vaccination against certain infectious diseases, microbial, viral or parasitic, if necessary. Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus & Diphtheria, Whooping cough, chickenpox, hepatitis B and influenza (INFLUENZA type B (HIB) & pneumonic).

IMPORTANT: You must bring to the doctor all the old books vaccination if appropriate.

INSTRUCTIONS: Contact a physician selected by the consular section for a medical examination. Any examination by a doctor other than those listed below will not be accepted. The doctor will take care to indicate the radiology department and the laboratories designated for the required examinations and vaccinations if needed. If the vaccination is complete and reflects all the required vaccines, you will pay the minimum load for the medical examination. If, however, you need additional vaccines that your book is not from a trusted source, it will be mandatory to fulfill all the conditions required by the CDC taking any missing vaccines. The fee payable may vary according to patient age and types of vaccine to be administré- the amount can rise up to

US $ 400.00. These costs also include additional tests for tuberculosis and treatment of syphilis, while the tests and / or additional consultations, require additional fees. The cost of the medical examination FREE VACCINES is US $ 150.00 for adults and US $ 90.00 for children under 15 (or the equivalent in against Haitian gourdes).

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION: Please show the physician in charge of the examination and all laboratory technicians, passport and four (4) photographs identical to the one you have to submit your application for an immigrant visa.

LIST OF DOCTORS SELECTED BY THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES

Saint Damien Hospital Dr. Victor A. Bernard Bouchereau Medical Prevention Centre

CLIMEDI Rue Waag # 60 Dr. Michel Théard

Dr. Jude Saint Phard Port au Prince, Haiti 31 Ave Charles Sumner

Tabarre, Haiti Beside OAVCT

Tel: 4061-9970; 2816-1602 Tel: 2259-4222; 3736-4222 Not far from the Church of the Sacred Heart

Port au Prince, Haiti

Tel: 2941-4545; 2946-4545;

Saint Damien Hospital Dr. Hénold Jean Buteau Medical Prevention Centre

CLIMEDI Medical Center Dr. 17-19 Eddy Jean Baptiste

Dr. Jacqueline Gautier Chemin Des Dalles 31 Ave Charles Sumner

Tabarre, Haiti Port au Prince, Haiti Beside OAVCT

Tel: 4061-9970; 2816-1602 Tel: 2513-1719 Not far from the Sacre Coeur Church

Port au Prince, Haiti

Tel: 2941-4545; 2946-4545;

NOTE: Allow a period of at least two weeks before the interview to undergo the medical examination. Each potential immigrant will receive his medical report. Do not open the envelope. The day of the appointment, each applicant shall submit a complete dossier including including his passport, medical report, etc.

PHOTOGRAPHS

Applicants should submit 6 photos: six (6) passport photos in color on white, glossy paper, unretouched and not pasted on cardboard with the following specifications:

5cm x 5cm; minimum 35mm and maximum 25mm from the chin to the top of the hair. The two photos must be identical and recent. A fully front view

50mm

25mm-35mm from the chin to the top of the hair

White background

50mm

N.B. Photos must be made without earrings and sunglasses, putting the ears highlight (i.e. avoiding the hair covering the ears).

The applicant will submit two photos on the day of appointment. The other four photographs are required for medical examination.

There is currently in Port-au-Prince several photography studios able to take photos comply with the above specifications.

Timeline

Thank you sooo much! That is exactly what I was looking for. Any idea how much the immunizations cost, assuming he needs all of them?

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

04/15/16 - Medical exam

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

Timeline

Thank you sooo much! That is exactly what I was looking for. Any idea how much the immunizations cost, assuming he needs all of them?

I am not sure, My fiancé has his medical on Monday, so anything I find out I will pass the information along to you.

Timeline

My fiancé did not have to pay for immunizations, he was told that he will be able to get them in the US. He has had some immunizations as a child, but he didn't have the booklet.

Timeline

Yes on the 17th.

Hi MissLacey,

How were you able to confirm the Embassy had received the application from the NVC? Also, what doctor did your fiance go to and how much did he pay for the medical exam without immunizations?

Thanks in advance!

07/21/15 Engaged
11/21/15 I-129F Sent
11/25/15 NOA1
01/12/2016 NOA2
01/29/16 Case Creation Date (USCIS - CEAC)
02/04/16 Received by NVC
02/24/16 Status Updated to Ready (USCIS - CEAC)
03/11/16 Packet 3 Received
04/15/16 Interview - Approved!
04/20/16 Visa Received
05/11/16 Fiance Entered the US in Fort Lauderdale, FL

07/01/16 Married in NYC

07/02/16 Sent AOS Packet: I-485, I-131, I-765

07/05/16 USCIS Date Filed

07/13/16 NOA

08/05/16 Bio Appointment

8/15/16 RFE (Had to resend I-865, missed a simple part on the form, also re-sent other proof of employment, filed tax returns, etc. just in case)

9/20/16 EAD and AP Approved

10/06/16 AOS APPROVED! We were happily surprised to receive the "Welcome to the US" Letter in the Mail

10/11/16 2 Year Conditional Green Card Received

Timeline

Hi MissLacey,

How were you able to confirm the Embassy had received the application from the NVC? Also, what doctor did your fiance go to and how much did he pay for the medical exam without immunizations?

Thanks in advance!

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Input the recipt number you was given NVC.

My fiancé used the first doctor (it was a mistake, he was suppose to use the doctor with the first name Victor), it went well however. He paid 150.

Timeline

Thank you!

Let me add that he took the test on Monday, his results were ready on Friday.

07/21/15 Engaged
11/21/15 I-129F Sent
11/25/15 NOA1
01/12/2016 NOA2
01/29/16 Case Creation Date (USCIS - CEAC)
02/04/16 Received by NVC
02/24/16 Status Updated to Ready (USCIS - CEAC)
03/11/16 Packet 3 Received
04/15/16 Interview - Approved!
04/20/16 Visa Received
05/11/16 Fiance Entered the US in Fort Lauderdale, FL

07/01/16 Married in NYC

07/02/16 Sent AOS Packet: I-485, I-131, I-765

07/05/16 USCIS Date Filed

07/13/16 NOA

08/05/16 Bio Appointment

8/15/16 RFE (Had to resend I-865, missed a simple part on the form, also re-sent other proof of employment, filed tax returns, etc. just in case)

9/20/16 EAD and AP Approved

10/06/16 AOS APPROVED! We were happily surprised to receive the "Welcome to the US" Letter in the Mail

10/11/16 2 Year Conditional Green Card Received

Miss Lacey How long did it take to receive the letter in your email from the date it showed as ready on the NVC status page? Mine says ready and I called with a question on how to attach my fiancés daughter k2 ds-160 form to my fiancés and they wouldn't help me because we haven't officially received the letter. I'm just wondering your wait time. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.