CairoBound

Yet Another Delay

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hahaha..yeah that sounds more like one of their requests. Here's another...we need your great grandfather's signature on this. He's dead you say? Well dig the ####### up we need his sig.

Hmmmm wonder what they'll come up with once this is taken care of. Jumping through hoops of fire perhaps?

or nailing jelly to the ceiling? :P

There is so much misinformation out there as you all know. Just hang tight and don't let it eat you up. I know how it feels, believe me, but be strong and the process will eventually work itself out. Busy yourself with something un-visa related when you can to give your mind a break. Praying for a speedy conclusion for everyone waiting out their processing in Cairo.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hahaha..yeah that sounds more like one of their requests. Here's another...we need your great grandfather's signature on this. He's dead you say? Well dig the ####### up we need his sig.

:lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Really!! That is A LOT better than 6 months.....reading cairobound's post got me very upset......but after reading this post I think I'm gonna cry tears of joy.....

honestly, when i read the 1st message in the post on my lunch hour I was upset....really.....i got into my car and called my hubby and explained to him that tomorrow he's got to go and get himself one of these movement certificates.....not like he's moved anywhere, he hasn't been out of the country for goodness sakes...next thing you'll know these visas will come with a radar system to let them track everywhere one goes.....i was telling him cairobound recommended everyone get these so that we can possibly avoid another 6 month delay....he was like "who" ..... i had to explain that i got the info from the forum.....

I hope & pray the 2 of you get your visas REAL soon...please let us now of any updates.

I just got an email from Cairobound. She spoke again with someone at the embassy and they told her it would take 3 weeks after receiving the movement papers. She and I are about 2 weeks apart from each other in processing.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

I wouldn't recommend getting this document until it's packet 3 time. I'm not sure if it has a expiration date or if they need it to be recent. I'm thinking they may include it on the recent packet 3s. My husband said that the paper he received looked like the packet 3 paper with *movement paper* check marked.

Timeline

my husband sent in the packet 3 on Feb 11th.....we're still waiting for an interview date. I thought it would be good to get one of these movement docs so that it could be presented at the interview.

I wouldn't recommend getting this document until it's packet 3 time. I'm not sure if it has a expiration date or if they need it to be recent. I'm thinking they may include it on the recent packet 3s. My husband said that the paper he received looked like the packet 3 paper with *movement paper* check marked.

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline

Hi All - thought I'd give you another update. Called the embassy again this morning to clear up some things. I asked again how long after the Movement Certificate we would get notified and she said it will be more like 3 weeks. She said the lady that I talked to on Sunday morning must have not understood the full situation. So we'll see. About the Movement Certificate, when Hassan went to the Passport Office, they had a folder there with his paperwork already in it. So I'm thinking that you have to received something from the Embassy before you go there and obtain this yourself. He said that the people that were there and going to any other country other than the USA receive the completed forms the next day. Those going to USA can go after 15 days and see if they are done. I think they are going back 5 or 10 years. It has to be verifying if what you put on your forms is true or not - luckily he's never been out of Egypt.

Hubby's going on March 26 to see if the document is done. I'll let you know what happens from there.

05.02.2008 - Sent AOS & EAD package to Chicago.

05.04.2008 - Package recieved in Chicago.

05.09.2008 – Received NOA's.

06.04.2008 - Biometrics appt.

07.25.08 - Work Permission Received in Mail

07.28.08 - Applied for Social Security Number

08.04.08 - Received Social Security Number in Mail

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

Timeline

oh.....so it will take 15 days or two weeks basically to check his travel records (mind you he never stepped foot out of the country and couldn't they just look at the passport for this info)......then from there, once the embassy receives the certificate it will take another 3 weeks for them to notify the beneficiary.....notify them of WHAT.....that he'll need to go to Siberia to obtain yet another useless piece of paper.....then when the beneficiary comes back from siberia they'll need to wait another 15 months to obtain an updated movement doc indicating that they traveled to siberia......

this is something new.....i've never heard of anyone having to get this before

it takes two weeks for them to confirm that he hasn't traveled anywhere!!! maybe if they were actually working rather than drinking 20 cups of tea and reading the newspaper all day there wouldn't be such inefficiency....

Hi All - thought I'd give you another update. Called the embassy again this morning to clear up some things. I asked again how long after the Movement Certificate we would get notified and she said it will be more like 3 weeks. She said the lady that I talked to on Sunday morning must have not understood the full situation. So we'll see. About the Movement Certificate, when Hassan went to the Passport Office, they had a folder there with his paperwork already in it. So I'm thinking that you have to received something from the Embassy before you go there and obtain this yourself. He said that the people that were there and going to any other country other than the USA receive the completed forms the next day. Those going to USA can go after 15 days and see if they are done. I think they are going back 5 or 10 years. It has to be verifying if what you put on your forms is true or not - luckily he's never been out of Egypt.

Hubby's going on March 26 to see if the document is done. I'll let you know what happens from there.

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am not sure that you have to wait for the embassy to tell you to get this certificate... I think you can get it at any time, the reason I say this is because when I was trying to get an Egyptian passport done I had to go get this movement certificate, if we hadn't went to the office around 2pm we could have had it in the same day, but then again, we had my fiance's friend with us who is a police officer with us and things move quicker if u have connections. Don't think the movement certificate should be a huge setback... hopefully they see it and we can all move on :)

6/23/06- Engagement Party in Egypt

7/19/06- NOA1

10/02/06- RFE email

10/07/06- RFE received (birth certificate)

10/11/06- CSC received RFE

10/24/06- APPROVED!

10/28/06- NOA2 in mail

11/08/06- Left NVC

11/09/06- Petition arrived at Cairo Embassy

11/23/06 - Packet 3 received!!!

12/05/06- Sent in Packet 3

12/14/06- Went to Egypt

1/17/07- Came back :(

1/18/07- Packet 4!

2/1/07- Interview ! ! !

07/17/07- Finally in Hand

07/22/07 - Arrived in Dallas :)

oh.....so it will take 15 days or two weeks basically to check his travel records (mind you he never stepped foot out of the country and couldn't they just look at the passport for this info)......then from there, once the embassy receives the certificate it will take another 3 weeks for them to notify the beneficiary.....notify them of WHAT.....that he'll need to go to Siberia to obtain yet another useless piece of paper.....then when the beneficiary comes back from siberia they'll need to wait another 15 months to obtain an updated movement doc indicating that they traveled to siberia......

this is something new.....i've never heard of anyone having to get this before

it takes two weeks for them to confirm that he hasn't traveled anywhere!!! maybe if they were actually working rather than drinking 20 cups of tea and reading the newspaper all day there wouldn't be such inefficiency....

This may be a new procedure they just put in place because they are no longer holding passports.

Timeline
maybe if they were actually working rather than drinking 20 cups of tea and reading the newspaper all day there wouldn't be such inefficiency....

:yes:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

very good point... that is probably it... I didn't think that it could be because they aren't holding onto the passports anymore... if that's the case then we're included in the movement cert group :wacko:

6/23/06- Engagement Party in Egypt

7/19/06- NOA1

10/02/06- RFE email

10/07/06- RFE received (birth certificate)

10/11/06- CSC received RFE

10/24/06- APPROVED!

10/28/06- NOA2 in mail

11/08/06- Left NVC

11/09/06- Petition arrived at Cairo Embassy

11/23/06 - Packet 3 received!!!

12/05/06- Sent in Packet 3

12/14/06- Went to Egypt

1/17/07- Came back :(

1/18/07- Packet 4!

2/1/07- Interview ! ! !

07/17/07- Finally in Hand

07/22/07 - Arrived in Dallas :)

Wouldn't it be lovely if there was actually INFORMATION available regarding these things? I mean information up front... actual communcation on what to expect. Wow. What a concept. I'm frustrated for you. I know what we went through and it seems like its just getting worse. I'm going to go snoop the Embassy website to see if there is anything there about updated procedures or whatever the heck they're doing. (I'm in a cruddy mood today... can you tell?)

My husband left his passport with the CO and still got a notice for the movement cert. I'm thinking everyone will need one now.

very good point... that is probably it... I didn't think that it could be because they aren't holding onto the passports anymore... if that's the case then we're included in the movement cert group :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.