Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Also, I was wondering about this form. On the letter and enclosures the UK embassy has sent it says that I need to fill in and send back the DS-230 pt1, DS-156k and DS-156 (in duplicate...does that mean photocopied?). It doesn't say that I have to send in official documents like a birth certificate. On the DS-156k it says that I need to attach birth certificates, police certificates, evidence i'm engaged (how?) and evidence of financial support. I'm confused.

On a separate note, have any of you guys found that until you receive these instructions you're completely set on what needs to be done and then you have all of the docs and so on in front of you and you seem to forget everything that you're supposed to do??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Virtually all embassies and consulates only want the DS-2001 (OF-169 for some consulates), and DS-230 part 1 returned to them, all other items are brought to the visa interview.

Please send all the completed DS-230 Part I forms along with the completed DS-2001 form to the Immigrant Visa Unit, 5 Upper Grosvenor Street, London W1A 1JB

Evidence of engagement, and newer updated letter of intent is that, as for financial support, the US citizen should be preparing a I-134 form with financial evidence to send to you to bring to the interview.

SEE: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...