kate2326

DS-230 Part 1

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have a question or two on the DS-230 P1:

The form on the US Embassy website doesn't allow for me to enter a new line when I am putting in my proposed US address and I therefore can't get the whole thing on there - can it be handwritten?

It's asking for the places that I have lived for the last ten years (which isn't a problem). I have been using my parents address as a place of correspondence on the visa as I am trying to sell my house and honestly thought it would be sold by this point...so my current address is theirs that I have been using. I don't want it to look like I have been lying on the forms I have already submitted so should I put my current address as being with my parents (for continuity's sake) or should I put my own address?

They're asking on the bottom of page two for me to put all of the visits I have ever made to the States which is a near impossibility as I have been going out there since 1988. At one point during my teen years I was going out four times a year with my parents. I have no clue what half of the dates were. I only have my passport going back to 2001. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Filed: Other Timeline

I have always found that when an answer does not fit in a box on a form, a reference to an attached explanation works well.

They're asking on the bottom of page two for me to put all of the visits I have ever made to the States which is a near impossibility as I have been going out there since 1988. At one point during my teen years I was going out four times a year with my parents. I have no clue what half of the dates were. I only have my passport going back to 2001. Any ideas?

Hi Everyone,

I have a question or two on the DS-230 P1:

The form on the US Embassy website doesn't allow for me to enter a new line when I am putting in my proposed US address and I therefore can't get the whole thing on there - can it be handwritten?

It's asking for the places that I have lived for the last ten years (which isn't a problem). I have been using my parents address as a place of correspondence on the visa as I am trying to sell my house and honestly thought it would be sold by this point...so my current address is theirs that I have been using. I don't want it to look like I have been lying on the forms I have already submitted so should I put my current address as being with my parents (for continuity's sake) or should I put my own address?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

We are talking about DS-230 Part 1 right?

Question 20 asks all the places you lived for at least 6 months since the age of 16. Just city and country + dates. I suspect this is probably used to determine where you have to get police records from.

Question 22 asks your employment for the last ten years

Yes you can handwrite information, if necessary.

Only suggestion I have for the U.S. entry dates is list what you have and attach a sheet explaining what you just told us. Don't forget to sign and date the sheet.

Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.