Lan&Mike

The changing of ward's name where i am situated will affect my paper work?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello guys,

I have been resident at ward 12, district... since i was born. There are a huge populations in ward 12 including people who already stayed here so long ago and people come from different geographical places of country to here for their work. Two months ago the goverment decided to seperate ward 12 into two small wards in order to guarantee that they can take a good control of the big populations here. So a half of populations in ward 12 belongs to ward 9 including my family. However all documents such as Register Book, ID Card, Student Card... are written that i am situated in ward 12. I am wondering if the changing of ward will affect to my paper work? Since my NOA2 is approved, i intend to go to the Department of Justice to require Police Record. I am told to bring the copies of my Register Book and ID Card together with Police Record form which i will be given apply to there. Will they issue Police Record for me in which will be written that i am resident at ward 9 instead of ward 12 as it is written in Register Book and ID Card? Or should i explain to them that goverment made their decision to change my ward 12 into ward 9? Any input will be highly appreciated!

Tks in advance and have nice days to all.

Lan&Mike

I am nothing without GOD

Thanks to my GOD for helping me find him - my love!!!

LAN & MIKE forever and ever

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What you should do, IMO, is to have the letter/notice/announcement from the local official in regarding of the change in WARD included in your file. But from now, on going, any paperwork you will fill out with Ward 9 as your ward. If the consulate wonders why, they can see the letter/notice/annoucement from the local officials. Personally, I don't believe they will make you to refile the whole thing with the new ward. Addendum document would be ok.

Note: your NOA2 will have Ward 12, but when you file for your P3 and P4, make sure you put down as ward 9 and included the announcement of change letter, hope you have that letter. To make sure the C.O. won't miss it, you should also write a letter to explain why Ward 9 now, but not 12. I am pretty sure the Consulate is also fully aware of the change in the local, especially in Saigon.

Good luck and I don't see why you should lose any sleep over it.

chuck and kim :thumbs:

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
What you should do, IMO, is to have the letter/notice/announcement from the local official in regarding of the change in WARD included in your file. But from now, on going, any paperwork you will fill out with Ward 9 as your ward. If the consulate wonders why, they can see the letter/notice/annoucement from the local officials. Personally, I don't believe they will make you to refile the whole thing with the new ward. Addendum document would be ok.

Note: your NOA2 will have Ward 12, but when you file for your P3 and P4, make sure you put down as ward 9 and included the announcement of change letter, hope you have that letter. To make sure the C.O. won't miss it, you should also write a letter to explain why Ward 9 now, but not 12. I am pretty sure the Consulate is also fully aware of the change in the local, especially in Saigon.

Good luck and I don't see why you should lose any sleep over it.

chuck and kim :thumbs:

Hi chuckandkim,

My teacher whom is a lawyer already said to me the same things like yours yesterday morning. I will follow it to do. However i still have question on this, would you mind giving me answer? The Consulate will send me package 3 with name of old ward in my home address. But when i send it back to the Consulate, i will put my new ward, right? Should I send the letter which i will get from the local officials to certify that Ward 12 is already changed into Ward 9 together with package 3?

Tks chuckandkim, wish you two the best always.

Lan&Mike

I am nothing without GOD

Thanks to my GOD for helping me find him - my love!!!

LAN & MIKE forever and ever

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Correct, including the letter from your local official stating that they change Ward 12 to 9.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.