olafgypsy

Order of NOA2s?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Why, if the applications are processed in "the order in which they were received," do some people get NOA2s before those who received earlier NOA1s have even been touched?

At first I thought it was just a fluke (random file falling out of the box and being replaced in a different box, boxes getting out of order) but it seems to happen a lot more than could possibly be fluky.

I suspect a conspiracy!! :lol:

Feb 21, 2007: Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority Mail.

Feb 24, 2007: I-129F arrived at VSC at 3:01 p.m.

Feb 27, 2007: NOA1

Feb 28, 2007: They cashed my check.

Mar 2, 2007: Touched! I'm guessing this was my check clearing :)

Mar 5, 2007: NOA1 arrived via snail mail.

Mar 15, 2007: NOA2!!!!!!

Mar 21, 2007: Petition sent to Bogota

May: We send Packet 3 by fax; fax never received.

June: We send packet 3 again; it's sent back because my fiance didn't write NONE and N/A.

July: We send packet 3 again . . .

July 23rd: We get an email from the embassy. Our interview is August 21st!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, it's not too hard to see why this could happen - even if there aren't additional checks required or administrative processes that affect particular couples.

According to a former adjudicator that posts here now himself - if I recall correctly - files come in, get assigned a bar code, and get stuck in boxes. Those boxes get delivered to case staff. The boxes pile up. Say you have files 1-100 and they get split into boxes A and B. Government worker A works on box A and worker B on box B. A is extra speedy and gets through files 1 - 25 while worker B is going through files 26-35. That means files 1 and 26 are getting processed at the same time, even if they came in a week or two apart.

They are physical files - as opposed to phone calls coming into a customer service center that could more truly be answered in the order received.

And what happens if worker A gets a cold? Or worker B's babysitter cancels and B has to stay home one day?

I think there are a lot of reasons - good ones - why stuff takes different times.

Of course - none of that explains why the @$^@* CSC has to handle so many apps while Vermont staffers must take long lunches and enjoy inter-office bowling night with all their spare time whilst they process those files at lightening speed.

That makes me want to break things.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, that makes a lot of sense . . . and as for the VT situation, it's beyond me why files aren't sent to a central location and then assigned in equal numbers to various service centers. But then, nothing bureaucracy does ever makes much sense to me . . .

Feb 21, 2007: Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority Mail.

Feb 24, 2007: I-129F arrived at VSC at 3:01 p.m.

Feb 27, 2007: NOA1

Feb 28, 2007: They cashed my check.

Mar 2, 2007: Touched! I'm guessing this was my check clearing :)

Mar 5, 2007: NOA1 arrived via snail mail.

Mar 15, 2007: NOA2!!!!!!

Mar 21, 2007: Petition sent to Bogota

May: We send Packet 3 by fax; fax never received.

June: We send packet 3 again; it's sent back because my fiance didn't write NONE and N/A.

July: We send packet 3 again . . .

July 23rd: We get an email from the embassy. Our interview is August 21st!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.