11/15/2015 received a text message of receipt of application

11/18/2015 received written notification for the 3 applications

11/24/2015 received a notice of biometric appoint on 12/8/2015

12/8/2015 did the biometrics

1/16/2016 case update: "card production was ordered on 1/16/2015

1/19/2016 case update: case was approved

1/21/2016 case update: card was mailed

1/23/2016 received welcom letter :)

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did your affidavit of support need to include the US spouse's birth certificate? Someone on another thread got an RFE because they didn't include a co-sponsor's birth certificate, so I was wondering. We didn't need a co-sponsor, and I sent my birth certificate copy and US passport biometric page copy when we sent the K-1 petition, so it's on file if they need it.

What have you enjoyed about Dallas so far? I took my husband to the Dallas Zoo, Reunion Tower, Perot Museum, and the Arboretum using the CityPass thing. It was a great time to pass our holiday time! We visited downtown quite a bit as we live nearby and my husband enrolled at DCCCD this spring.

Hey Amhara...

Im wondering since you said that you husband enrolled at DCCCD this spring, i just would like to ask if tuition your husband is paying is the one for out of state or out of country which is at least thrice the amount in county students are paying?

Thanks

11/9/2015 sent AOS/EAD/AP application to Chicago Lockbox

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Hey Amhara...

Im wondering since you said that you husband enrolled at DCCCD this spring, i just would like to ask if tuition your husband is paying is the one for out of state or out of country which is at least thrice the amount in county students are paying?

Thanks

Yep, out of state tution - $522 per 3 hour class!!!! We only got him into two classes this semester, and if he starts working, maybe we can add a third class for him this March or so. We have a payment plan, but they don't allow payment plans for summer classes, so we need to be ready for that, especially since he needs science classes to transfer over, and they are 4 credit hours each class!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

you had her transcript and all other credentials evaluated first by an indendent evaluator online???

We need to do that still. My husband took the TSI, but I think if we would have evaluated his transcripts first, he could have avoided the TSI. However, the TSI is free the first time you test, and only $10 for each re-test, so that's a much better price than the $185 or so to have the transcripts evaluated. We can get the transcripts evaluated later. I suspect he will be in DCCCD for a year (less than full-time enrollment) and then apply for UTA or UTD. We will get a few evaluation reports then. But before any of that, he will need US history and government at least. That will also help with his civics test for his naturalization too!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Thanks for the INFO :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.