quesma

K1 after interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello VJs,

Had my interview 3 weeks ago. Interview went well, CO said everything looks good and they need to do some background checks and it will take 3 - 4 weeks. After 3 weeks now the status on non immigrant and Immigrant changed non immigrant and case creation date has also changed. Since the interview the status is "Ready". Now I am wondering how much more time will it take. Is it good that it is still ready after the interview. the case update date has changed thrice now.

Please share your experience. I was interview in Islamabad (Pakistan) embassy. The CO kept my password and gave me nothing but my original birth certificate back and a receipt for fee payment.

Thanks.

Timeline

Hello,

Have you contacted the embassy? If so, have they gotten back to you? I ask because I remember reading (on the "Ready" status page) to contact them after two business days if you have not yet received your passport.

My fiancé's experience was similar to yours except they congratulated him and told him that he would receive his passport in 10 days. The day after his interview, his status changed from immigrant to nonimmigrant. Four days after that, it changed to AP and has been stuck there ever since with no date changes/updates.

Good luck, I'm sure you will get it soon!

Timeline

Hello,

Have you contacted the embassy? If so, have they gotten back to you? I ask because I remember reading (on the "Ready" status page) to contact them after two business days if you have not yet received your passport.

My fiancé's experience was similar to yours except they congratulated him and told him that he would receive his passport in 10 days. The day after his interview, his status changed from immigrant to nonimmigrant. Four days after that, it changed to AP and has been stuck there ever since with no date changes/updates.

We emailed once and they replied that its in routine administrative processing and could maybe take some time. NVC says to contact embassy for any update. Please keep in touch so we can compare our cases.

Timeline

Hello,

Hey sis. Any update for you guys? None for us.

Timeline

No update for us either. We're going on 6 weeks since the interview and 5 weeks in AP. Maybe it will change this week?

Be hopeful. Pakistan is known for long APs. If they told you ten days and you are waiting since 5 weeks, i wonder how long our wait will be. we were told 3 - 4 weeks. Yours will go to Ready now and then Issued. You are close.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.