tommcp5

I-864 Question Filling Out Form re Household Size/Blank Spaces

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am the petitioner living in the US and my wife is the beneficiary living in Canada. Our eight year old son lives with me in the US.

In filling our I-864, in Part 5 Household Size, for question #1 I answered "1" for the person I was sponsoring (my wife), for question #2 in answered "1" for myself, and for question #4 I answered "1" for my dependent son. That gave us a total household size in question #8 of "3"

What I'm curious about is how to fill out question #3 "If you are currently married, enter 1 for your spouse"

I know that the instructions say to not count any member of the household twice. But I have also seen repeated warnings in these forums not to leave a single space blank on these forms, to avoid having it sent back for correction.

Should I put "0" for question #3, even though I AM in fact married to my spouse, who is the person I am sponsoring? Obviously, if I answer "1", since I am married, it would incorrectly increase our household size to "4"

For people who have successfully submitted this form without a checklist or RFE, how did you fill out question #3? Did you leave it blank, enter a "0", or put in a dash "---"??

And for the rest of the form (Part 3 Family Members) (Part 6 Family Members Income), since no space is to be left blank, how did you fill those sections out? I wrote "none" when asked about Family member 1, 2, 3, etc, but I'm not sure about the spaces for their Alien Registration Number and USCIS ELIS Account Number. Do I leave those blank, or strike through them? How did people fill out any of the non-applicable sections?

I know that this may seem super picky, but with the large number of posts I've seen on here about forms being returned for hyper-technical corrections, I just wanted to make sure before I send this in. Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I-130 IR-1 USCIS:

Marriage: November 03, 2007

File I-130: July 22, 2015

NOA-1: July 27, 2015 (Texas Service Center)

NOA-2: December 8, 2015

------------------------------------------------------------

NVC:

NVC received case: December 30, 2015

Case Number & IIN assigned: January 11, 2016

Choice of Agent DS-261 filed: January 11, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 12, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 13, 2016

DS-260 filed: January 16, 2016

AOS Packet sent (EP): January 21, 2016

IV Packet sent (EP): January 21, 2016

Scan date: January 21, 2016

Case Complete: February 1, 2016

MONTREAL EMBASSY:

Medical Exam scheduled: March 7, 2016

Interview scheduled: March 16, 2016
POE: March 30, 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.