s2convt

Dropping off Packet 3 at Consulate

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiancee will be going to the US Consulate on Monday to dropp off her Packet 3.

Can someone who has done this give me directions?? Where exactly does she drop off the packet at the Consulate? At the front desk?

Thanks in advance, this process is coming along alot faster than I expected!!

K1 Time Line

Don and Linh

October 22, 2006 - Sent I-129F

November 2, 2006 - NOA1

January 30, 2007 - NOA2

February 8, 2007 - Arrives at NVC

February 12, 2007 - Arrives at Consultate in HCMC

February 28, 2007 - Consulate sends out Packet 3

March 8, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved

May 11, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved by Consulate

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Frontdesk is where you get your bag checked out. Security desk rather.

Then you can proceed to the non-air-conditioner (super hot) area where you will be directed to a window/booth where they will ask what the heck are you here for blah blah blah then you tell them to return P3. Then they may or may not yell at your fiance "why didn't you mail it in like everyone else" (uncalled for, but they just want to flex their tiny power) hahahaha. No big deal is what i'm trying to say, just brush it off and get your P3 in, ask for a reciept if possible, check if they stamp the DATE on the envelop, that will determine when your interview date gets scheduled, that how it was done in the old days.

good luck and relax.. you're moving right along the common path. :thumbs:

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

I went to get both packet 3 and packet 4 at the Consulate. Everybody was very nice and helpful to me in their direction. It seems i went there at the "right time" and had some "luck". I saw many people there were yelled with gruff voice though. :no: Be prepared to go get packet 4 in 2 months there though, if the packet 3 got lost, also the packet 4 might be in the same "fate". That was my case.

I wish you the best wishes with best luck on your journey!!!!

Trang

Our time line:

Aug-2006: I129F sent

Oct-2006: NOA2

Dec-2006:packet 3 received and sent

Dec-2006 to Jan-2007:visit her again in 11 days (fourth trip)

Feb-2007: packet 4 received

March-19th-2007: INTERVIEW PASSED

March-17th-2007: visit her again and join her interview (fifth trip)

March-20th-2007: visa pick up

March-23th-2007: POE at LA (easy and fast)

http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-Uv7PHgY_ar...tGl8kO81e.0AOJ3

http://tracyreed.org/

May-07th-2007: got married

May-30th-2007: AOS sent (included I-131 and I-765)

June-01th-2007:AOS forms delivered

June-09th-2007:NOA for all forms(notice date June-05-2007)

July-19th-2007 :Biometrics done (AOS&EAD)

September-04th-2007: AOS interview

August-17th-2007: Advance parole and EAD card recived (middle name on Advance parole paper was typo, mailed papers asking for correction to USCIS in Chicago, how annoying it is!)

September-04-2007: AOS interview, case pending for Security clearance (the game begins)

April-30-2008: Name check was clear, waiting for green card delivery(made 3 inform pass in April, May and June, my file was forgotten in the office where we were interviewed)

July-16-2008:Card production ordered

July-19-2008:Welcome letter received in mail

July-22-2008:Approval notice sent

July-23-2008:Green card arrived in mail

Timeline
Frontdesk is where you get your bag checked out. Security desk rather.

Then you can proceed to the non-air-conditioner (super hot) area where you will be directed to a window/booth where they will ask what the heck are you here for blah blah blah then you tell them to return P3. Then they may or may not yell at your fiance "why didn't you mail it in like everyone else" (uncalled for, but they just want to flex their tiny power) hahahaha. No big deal is what i'm trying to say, just brush it off and get your P3 in, ask for a reciept if possible, check if they stamp the DATE on the envelop, that will determine when your interview date gets scheduled, that how it was done in the old days.

good luck and relax.. you're moving right along the common path. :thumbs:

I just want to make sure I understand fully about the DATE stamp. If she does see the DATE stamp, is the stamp the DATE of her interview? Or just the DATE that they will begin to process and send out packet 4.

Thanks for your help.

K1 Time Line

Don and Linh

November 2, 2006 - NOA1

January 30, 2007 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Date stamp is for the receiving date/time. Base on that date, they will schedule your fiance's interview.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

I submited packet 3 in person at the information window in Consulate and i saw them stamping my forms with the date in front of me then the lady told me i could go home. Fast, easy and polite...

Trang :thumbs:

Our time line:

August-17th-2007: Advance parole and EAD card recived (middle name on Advance parole paper was typo, mailed papers asking for correction to USCIS in Chicago, how annoying it is!)

September-04-2007: AOS interview, case pending for Security clearance (the game begins)

April-30-2008: Name check was clear, waiting for green card delivery(made 3 inform pass in April, May and June, my file was forgotten in the office where we were interviewed)

Timeline
I submited packet 3 in person at the information window in Consulate and i saw them stamping my forms with the date in front of me then the lady told me i could go home. Fast, easy and polite...

Trang :thumbs:

Thanks Trang - My fiancee is dropping off Packet 3 as we speak. I am hoping for a June-July interview date. GOOD LUCK on your interview!!

K1 Time Line

Don and Linh

November 2, 2006 - NOA1

January 30, 2007 - NOA2

Timeline

s2convt,

Try to call Dept of State there to find out your interview date in 5 or 6 weeks. The Consulate here is "funny", i do not know how they work on this process but it seems Dept of State got our interview schedule before us. So, just call them directly there and you will get it (faster, much more polite and not stuck with Consulate staff here on phone :star: )

Wish you the best luck in your interview!

Trang

PS: I forgot the number of Dept of State but you can find it online from the website uscis.gov

Our time line:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.