2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Folks,

I am a K3 visa holder about to apply for EAD, and I'm in a time crunch because I have a job offer that requires me to start in about 3 months under the condition that I will have this EAD. I really need this job badly, and so I'm racing against time here. Could someone help me answer a couple of questions?

1. How soon can a person start employment after the EAD application gets approved? Is the physical card necessary before one can start employment? And how long does it actually take to get the physical card after the EAD application gets approved? It seems like it takes approximately 90 days to get the EAD approved, is that correct?

2. The note on the webpage that has the link to the I-765 application says, for (a)(9), LIFE K3/K4 category, the application must be filed at

Box 805887

Chicago, IL

60680-4120

But the application itself says, that "If your response to Question 16 is (a)(9), mail your application to":

USCIS

P.O. Box 7218

Chicago, IL

60680-7218

Which is the correct address?

3. Is it true that if you apply for AOS and EAD together, you may get the EAD sooner? Is there any advantage or difference to filing it together as opposed to separately?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

I don't know nuthin about an EAD, but I do know that your local congresspeople have expidited routes for those with a pressing financial (business related) need. Might be worth contacting them about.

Your absence runs through me like a needle

Everything I do

Is stitched with your color

Married in 2005

I-130

2/6 NOA1

5/11 touch

5-10 Approval for both 129F and I-130

129F

2/14 applied

3/01 NOA1

5/1-11 a few touches

5-10 Approval for both 129F and I-130

5-21 sent to NVC

5-22 129F recieved @ NVC

5-29 forwarded to Embassy

6-12 interview date set (discovered, rather) ... (still no NOA2)

6-22 email notification of NAO2 for I-130

6-27 email notification of NOA2 for 129F

7-15 Medical appointment - Docs say she has pneumonia and want to run 2 months + $2K USD of tests.

7-19 interview

7-20 informed that she has cleared medical. Documents not yet forwarded to Embassy, they will not release them to her, saying they must deliver the documents themselves. (Not true. many people had their medical papers @ the interview)

7-21 Missed flight

7-25 Docs recieved by embassy, visa all ready to go

7-27 Visa revieved

7-28 ARRIVED IN USA!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

waiting for AOS NOA

9-28 5 page RFE sent :(

10-7 RFE recieved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.