vsj122345

How many bank statements are required for the I-751?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We have 5 joint bank statements from the 1st year since my wife's arrival and we will have another 9 for the 2nd year by the time we submit our I-751 this year.

For the 1st year, we created a joint bank account late because getting my spouse used to life in America was the primary focus during this time. I have been using my own personal account for our finances during the first 7 months of her time here.

However, we do have other proof for both years such as joint health/dental/vision insurance, life insurance beneficiaries, etc.

Would this be a problem if we have too few joint bank statements? Should I also send in my bank statements from my personal account from the first 7 months?

Thanks!!!

Edited by vsj122345

Filed: Timeline

I would send statements from every quarter at the very least...more if you don't mind printing paper. No need to include the initial statements where wife's name doesn't show up. Good luck!

Unfortunately we don't have the first 2 quarter's statements for the first year since we opened our joint account a little late.

When we submitted our packet, we just randomly selected a few to send. Didnt send every single month in, but if you have only but a few, that will be fine also.

Our packet was about an inch thick and weighed about 3.5-4 pounds in weight, most of which was taken up by utility bills, photos of events we were both at, life insurance statements showing next of kin, car insurance and ownership details, travel documents from vacation or trips.

No matter how trivial you think it might be, its worth putting it in as we put furniture receipts that showed our names and address.

I will urge you to copy your whole packet! When they got ours they said we had missed page 2 of the application and when we got the post it note back on the application, I checked our copy and found that I had filled it in and sent it, but they said it was missing...Not worth arguing as it will only delay the process, so I just copied it again, mailed it back and the packet was processed and approved within a few months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.