sutu

Question on submitting CRBA and 5 year physical presence evident

3 posts in this topic

my wife will give birth to my child around Feb this year in Vietnam. I am preparing documents to apply CBRA.

I am a US citizen. My wife is a green card holder.

I read all instructions from Ho Chi Minh City Consulate here: http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/service/crba.html#3

The instruction never says sending any document or application. It just says making an appointment by using the website and bring all documents and application to the appoinment. However, I read here someone need to send application and waiting for the consulate assign an appointment.

Is there a different process by different consulate? Anyone has experience at Ho Chi Minh City consulate? Do I need to send application and document in advance to somewhere before having the appointment?

On the matter of 5 year physical presence, someone says tax return and w-2 is not accepted. However, the website list tax records as an acceptable evident.

On social security statement, SSA doesn't send out statement annually anymore. I haven't receceived it for years. I came to the office they say they don't sent it out anymore. If I need I have go to the website to print it out. I went to the website, I was able to print out the statement. However, they only show the statement of the latest year which list every years and amounts I have worked. Is the latest statement showing every year with the amounts of each year is good enough?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

you bring the application with u, ur wife n baby during the interview day, here is what u need

crba apllication, passport application, social security card application for the baby, in mean tell your wife, apply baby Vietnamese birth certificate, n add the baby to house register book, if u or her have any family member over there, for u or wife u need 5 five yrs physical present in usa, w2 form ,tax transcript, or a letter from ur employer state how long u work there, and bring air line tickets or board tub, visa, pictures of ur wife pregnant, doctor visit receipt, n baby born document, you have gather all these docs, and fill out completely, and bring it with you along with baby n ur wife to the interview day.

1. Complete the following forms (all attached):

• Form DS-2029 (Application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad of Citizen of the United States of America).
  • Form SS-5 (Application for Social Security Number Card).
  • Complete Form DS-11 online (Passport application form).
  • Submit 1 passport photograph of the child (see photograph instructions below).
  • Both parents should be present to sign the application form before the consular officer for children under the age of 16. If only one parent can be present, then the absent parent must provide a Statement of Consent form DS-3053 and notarized by a U.S. notary public together with a copy of the ID presented at the time of notarization.
Edited by AnhDoiEm

Marriage : 07/22/2012

USCIS Process

09/16/2012: I-130 Sent

09/20/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Receipt txt)

09/24/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Hard copy)

09/25/2012: I-130 Case Transfer to (MSC)

11/08/2012: I-130 NOA2 in 44 days after NOA1

NVC:11/19/2012: I-130 @ NVC

12/05/2012: Case & IID asign

12/19/2012: AoS paid n send

12/20/2012: AoS received

02/18/2012: IV Paid

04/15/2013: IV send

04/16/2013: IV received

04/25/2013: NVC case complete

06/26/2013: NVC send email notification for interview

07/11/2013: Interview approved

09/06/2013: POE @ JFK

CRBA: 05/20/2013: Approved

6/8/2015 - Removal of conditions - sent off packet to VSC
6/9/20015 - I-751 received in VSC

6/12/2015 - NOA1

pe80i6s.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.