yassmine2878

INS screwed up the date of birth

5 posts in this topic

I took Ahmed to the SSA office on Tuesday and everything went swimmingly. The lady who took our app told us she just needed to send it off to be verified by INS. She called today and says INS will not approve the app because they show his date of birth to be 08/28/1928!!! How could this happen? Every single piece of paper we've gotten shows his date of birth correctly. She said I have to get INS to fix it and then come back and re-apply for the SSN. Has anyone else come across a similar situation? I could definitely use the help.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wasn't enough that you had a long AP..now they have to mess up on this side of the water too!!! :angry:

Hope they fix it fast for you.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Wow that SUCKS!!! I would suggest you post your question in the SSN/EAD/etc forum because there's more of a chance that someone reading there has run into this. It's probably that he's been entered incorrectly into the SAVE system.

We actually had an error in the SAVE system made by the customs and border control office that prevented him getting his SSN.... we had to go to the nearest CBP office (which happened to be all the way at the airport :P) to get it fixed. In our case the SSN people were able to give us a few numbers to try to figure out how to fix it. Do you think your SS office would help you out?

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Wow that SUCKS!!! I would suggest you post your question in the SSN/EAD/etc forum because there's more of a chance that someone reading there has run into this. It's probably that he's been entered incorrectly into the SAVE system.

We actually had an error in the SAVE system made by the customs and border control office that prevented him getting his SSN.... we had to go to the nearest CBP office (which happened to be all the way at the airport :P) to get it fixed. In our case the SSN people were able to give us a few numbers to try to figure out how to fix it. Do you think your SS office would help you out?

Sharon

I hadnt thought about posting in the other forum, Ill do that, thanks :) The SSN office said they couldnt do anything to fix it, darn them. The lady who took our original app was sweet as a peach, but pretty powerless to help with this mess. All I can figure is that some ding-dong had too much coffee when they were keying in his DOB at the POE or something. All the documentation we have shows the correct DOB, including his Visa. Argh.

I would try calling customs and border control, with your I-94 in hand, and see if they're the ones that made the error (as in our case). I looked up on the web site and got to a knowledgable officer within maybe half an hour who was able to tell me how to correct the error (which was, of course, to go to the airport). Unfortunately, even though we did that the SS office had to do a manual verification so we had to wait 6 weeks for the social security card.

I think the SS office should be able to do a manual verification, even if the information in the SAVE system is incorrect. You may want to try going back there Monday and just request they send it in, because INS should have the correct information. The SS people go by the SAVE system that has your info entered at your port of entry by CBP, so if they send directly to the INS they should be able to correct the problem. I think the woman was incorrect in saying she couldnt' do anything for you. Unfortunately you'll probably have to wait a long time as we did, but at least you'll get your card eventually.

Again, hopefully you'll get some informed responses in the SSN/EAD thread.

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.