KristinaJP

Medical exam in Ljubljana

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

I'm not completely sure where to post this under, but I'll just say a little bit about my medical.

It took me a bit longer coz of the idiotic lung doctor, but anyways...

First I scheduled the exam and I got it within a week. I needed to bring 4 and not 3 photos of the 5x5cm format (be very careful of that for all the countries in the world use the typical miniature format,just USa has this 5x5cm) and my childhood vaccination records.

As I got they the nurse took blood for non other than Syphilis exam (yes I was shocked...I expected to have a regular blood work plus maybe liver tests and such ..and after all this disease was brought from USA to EU and not vise versa).

Then she started to fill out the paperwork and then finally I was seen by a doctor, which was also basically just answering questions about my medical history. That doctor was very nice, empathic and profesional. Since I have a chronic autoimmune disease and I take immunosuppresant meds I brought the paperwork from my rheumatologist so they put in what I take and how much I take. Then he asked me about smoking and all that nonsense...and he listened to my heart and lungs...checked my spine- where you bend over and they can tell if you have bent spine.

And then I was referred to a lung doctor for chest X-ray which was completely clean...but that doctor's office was very rude and chaotic. I went to get x-ray done on monday and the nurse told me to come on Tuesday morning for the paperwork. I go there and they were closed...so then next day I call there , no one picks up of course...but my primary visa doctor's nurse calls me saying that something is wrong and that I should come next monday.

I was basically ready to spit fire. Then I got there on Monday and idiotic doctor wanted to talk to me -while my xray was better than of a top athlete- coz of me being on immunosupresants...I mean they could of told me that they're closed on Tuesday and that I should wait for an hour for results...This was really the worst experience on my visa journey so far. Anyways then doctor finally gave me my paperwork, which he said he already signed a week ago...and now, because it's holiday season I need to wait till 4th of January to pick up documents at the visa doctor.

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.