americankiwi

DS-230 - US Visits

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Me again! I was having a look at the DS-230 form and I saw the section where my husband has to list his visits to the states. Hes been there 4 times, twice in 1998, once in 2003 and in 2005, all for visits on the VWP but there is only room for 3 visits, how is he supposed to list them all?

Also since the first 2 visits were almost 10 years ago he can barely remember the month let alone the actual dates, what should he put, should he just estimate dates?

And lastly, he went to the states in June 1998 on the VWP, left when he was supposed to after 3 months but when he got back to New Zealand he really wanted to go back and see a bit more. When he went to the travel agent in NZ he asked if he'd have a problem getting back in after just leaving and she told him he wouldnt so he booked flights back only a few weeks after being back in NZ. When he got to the POE they questioned him breifly and almost didnt let him in cos he'd just been there but they did admit him on the VWP. When he returned back to NZ he didn't hand in the green portion that was stapled to his passport as he had ruined it by washing his passport several times (still leaving stuff in his pockets :wacko: )! They didnt even ask him for it when he left so he didnt think it was a big deal and that was that. When he went back in 2003 and in 2005 they didnt question him regarding his 1998 visit or mention that they thought he was still there because he hadnt handed in the green form previously. I guess my question is did he do anything wrong by using the VWP twice in such a short period of time and will they be suspicous when they can't find any documentation of his departure in 1998? You'd think his visits in 2003 & 2005 would put these suspicions to rest because its obvious he left!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had many visits to the U.S. and did as Marilyn P suggested and attached a sheet of paper.

On the DS-230 in the visits part, I wrote "see attachment" and then my attachment had my name & date of birth, case number, petitioner name and date of birth and my address and phone number. I also put the question in full and listed all the visits and whether a visa was issued. If I had B-2 stamped in passport on a particular visit, I indicated that.

For those visits that I didn't remember the dates, I estimated them.

Not sure about the VWP and the arrival/departure card but I doubt he'll have problems since he visited legally and left in the correct amount of time and was never refused entry.

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.