miker32us

Which parts of the medical exam form does US customs keep?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

My wife got her K-3 last August in Taiwan and came into the US through Detroit in September. She gave the large K-3 package to customs at the POE. We will go back to Taiwan for the CR-1 interview next month and have been told by the embassy she does not need another medical exam if she brings her medical forms from the K-3. But we thought some of the medical forms were put in the large package which customs kept at POE. Does anyone know what they keep?

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

Filed: Timeline

miker32us,

Customs did not take the package from your your wife. Immigration did. And they kept nothing, they sent the complete package on to USCIS.

Yodrak

My wife got her K-3 last August in Taiwan and came into the US through Detroit in September. She gave the large K-3 package to customs at the POE. We will go back to Taiwan for the CR-1 interview next month and have been told by the embassy she does not need another medical exam if she brings her medical forms from the K-3. But we thought some of the medical forms were put in the large package which customs kept at POE. Does anyone know what they keep?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The question was: What part of the medical exam is in the sealed package we gave to customs? My wife left the rest of her immigration paperwork at her parents house in Taiwan so we are just trying to figure out what we need to get before her CR-1.

miker32us,

Customs did not take the package from your your wife. Immigration did. And they kept nothing, they sent the complete package on to USCIS.

Yodrak

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

Filed: Timeline

miker32us,

The question was, "Does anyone know what they keep?" "They" (which, again, does not include customs) keep it all. (But sometimes they might lose an item or two.)

All of the original medical forms should have been in the package, to be kept or lost as the case may be.

Yodrak

The question was: What part of the medical exam is in the sealed package we gave to customs? My wife left the rest of her immigration paperwork at her parents house in Taiwan so we are just trying to figure out what we need to get before her CR-1.
miker32us,

Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.