16Valve

If RFE'd would I get NOA1?

20 posts in this topic

For your information K 1's will now be closely looked at and process will not be as quick as before.

where did you get this information about K1s?

3Vtn.png

ROC:

01/12/18 -- I-751 sent to California Service Center

01/13/18 -- Package delivered to California Service Center

01/23/18 -- Check cashed

01/27/18 -- Received NOA (dated 01/19/18)

AOS Journey:

10/31/2015 - Married in Las Vegas :halloween:

12/2/2015 - AOS package sent

12/4/2015 - AOS package delivered

12/11/2015 - NOA 1 date

12/13/2015 - 3 NOA 1 notifications received (texts/emails)

12/18/2015 - 3 hard copy NOA 1 received

12/26/2015 - Biometrics letter received

01/08/2016 - Biometrics appointment

01/20/2016 - Status for I-485 has changed to Ready for Interview

01/27/2016 - Status for I-485 has changed to Interview Is Scheduled

02/17/2016 - Approval for AP & EAD

02/24/2016 - EAD/AP card received

03/04/2016 - Interview for AOS - APPROVED

03/12/2016 - GC received

where did you get this information about K1s?

The woman who shot up San Bernadino had gotten here on a K1. There was discussion and a bit of fear monger ing about getting strict about them but it was shot down because the republicans didn't want to appear anti-marriage. K1's are pro marriage for sure.

I would imagine if you're coming from a "questionable" country, they'll look a little closer but from what I've seen lately, things are going faster than usual, not slower

Thank you for clarifying! Hope i am not from a questionable country

3Vtn.png

ROC:

01/12/18 -- I-751 sent to California Service Center

01/13/18 -- Package delivered to California Service Center

01/23/18 -- Check cashed

01/27/18 -- Received NOA (dated 01/19/18)

AOS Journey:

10/31/2015 - Married in Las Vegas :halloween:

12/2/2015 - AOS package sent

12/4/2015 - AOS package delivered

12/11/2015 - NOA 1 date

12/13/2015 - 3 NOA 1 notifications received (texts/emails)

12/18/2015 - 3 hard copy NOA 1 received

12/26/2015 - Biometrics letter received

01/08/2016 - Biometrics appointment

01/20/2016 - Status for I-485 has changed to Ready for Interview

01/27/2016 - Status for I-485 has changed to Interview Is Scheduled

02/17/2016 - Approval for AP & EAD

02/24/2016 - EAD/AP card received

03/04/2016 - Interview for AOS - APPROVED

03/12/2016 - GC received

If your petition does get sent back to you, how is it packaged?

Does it come with a case file then? A note of what needs to be corrected?

How you're supposed to send it back?

Do you send it back to the same lockbox as before or another?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok. Here's the deal.

My petition was received on Dec. 2nd at the lockbox.

Since then, nothing. Nada. Zip.

I believe that there issue may be that I wrote "Dept." and not Department on the check but I have no way of knowing ANYTHING because I never got the NOA1 or anything else.

Does anyone know the process? If there's an issue right off the bat like this, do they just send it back like that with no notice at all or should I have at least gotten the NOA1 and THEN they send it back for correction??

I'm at a loss and just waiting nervously like maybe it hit list or something.

I have read all of the reply's to your post. I don't believe you have anything to worry about. It has only been 12 business days since they received your petition. Receiving it does not mean that there have been eyes on it. It has simply arrived at the lock-box facility. You have to remember that this is a government facility with government employees. It is the holiday season. People are distracted from that. They are not operating at 100% staffing either because of the holidays (vacation days). I certainly would not submit a second petition until after 30 days... that can complicate things. Next week is a 3 1/2 day work week as is the following week.

The lock-box only checks to see if the petition is complete. If not, they will send it back to you. The events in California would have no bearing on this phase of the process. There has not been anything signed in to law, as of yet, to compromise the K-1 Visas. Besides, any scrutinizing of high risk fiances would not happen until the service center (California, most likely) gets their hands on it. They are looking mainly at two things. 1) Is it a "bona-fide" relationship, and 2) Biographical data. Of course they are also looking at trivial things such as no signatures or blank boxes... etc etc.

Best advice, be patient at least two more weeks.

The woman who shot up San Bernadino had gotten here on a K1. There was discussion and a bit of fear monger ing about getting strict about them but it was shot down because the republicans didn't want to appear anti-marriage. K1's are pro marriage for sure.

I would imagine if you're coming from a "questionable" country, they'll look a little closer but from what I've seen lately, things are going faster than usual, not slower

This really does not have anything to do with the republicans or democrats... unless you want to single out Obama (being the he is democrat). President Obama ordered the investigation of the K-1 process and vetting procedures. By the way, that is still an ongoing investigation. Nothing has been "shot down".

It is true that high risk countries do get a second set of eyes. That has been the case for a while. Processing times have actually been quicker since the California incident.

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.