antda

CR-1 "Agent" Advice Needed For Friend....

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Good luck on your immigration journeys. Before I begin, let me say that this message thread is not about me or my situation (see my timeline for my situation). Rather, it is for a friend of my husband's and mine. I am just asking for an opinion from the rest of the VJ community about this, in hopes to share this information for this friend of ours, as he is concerned about this.

Ok, the friend's situation is (Note: He, a USC, is in the process of a CR-1 Visa, petitioning for someone in the Philippines):

“I was wondering if most people who don't have lawyers list the Petitioner's name or the Alien's for the Agent? Maybe I'd (the Petitioner) prefer to be the agent so I'd get to see all the forms (the Agent would be the Petitioner in this case) and I'd guess I'd be required or allowed to make them out then and send them to NVC (I'm guessing that is where they'd be sent and come from). I'm just assuming the forms are always sent out by NVC in Vermont and sent back to that place. If it was that I think my being the Agent would be best even if I have to send them to the Alien to ever sign (I'm not sure who signs the forms the Agent or Alien). But then it could be one extra step involved for each leg of sending and receiving forms to and from overseas. However if the Alien was listed as the Agent she'd get them directly and send them back directly without the other person involved each time. So I'm not sure what to do. Maybe it's better if I see the forms whether it takes longer or not, and whether I have to pay to send them all mail, to make sure I was aware of everything on the forms and if I could make most of them out for our case to make sure they were done right. Yet, what if the forms are sent by the Government from the overseas Manila embassy instead of NVC to whoever the Agent is? Then it would be much easier to have the Alien be the Agent if that were the case since it takes 5-30 days for most letters to go back and forth from the US to the Philippines. Any advice?”

Any ideas, comments, questions, or concerns, are apprecaited, and will be forwarded to our friend.

Thanks in advance.

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Good luck on your immigration journeys. Before I begin, let me say that this message thread is not about me or my situation (see my timeline for my situation). Rather, it is for a friend of my husband's and mine. I am just asking for an opinion from the rest of the VJ community about this, in hopes to share this information for this friend of ours, as he is concerned about this.

Ok, the friend's situation is (Note: He, a USC, is in the process of a CR-1 Visa, petitioning for someone in the Philippines):

“I was wondering if most people who don't have lawyers list the Petitioner's name or the Alien's for the Agent? Maybe I'd (the Petitioner) prefer to be the agent so I'd get to see all the forms (the Agent would be the Petitioner in this case) and I'd guess I'd be required or allowed to make them out then and send them to NVC (I'm guessing that is where they'd be sent and come from). I'm just assuming the forms are always sent out by NVC in Vermont and sent back to that place. If it was that I think my being the Agent would be best even if I have to send them to the Alien to ever sign (I'm not sure who signs the forms the Agent or Alien). But then it could be one extra step involved for each leg of sending and receiving forms to and from overseas. However if the Alien was listed as the Agent she'd get them directly and send them back directly without the other person involved each time. So I'm not sure what to do. Maybe it's better if I see the forms whether it takes longer or not, and whether I have to pay to send them all mail, to make sure I was aware of everything on the forms and if I could make most of them out for our case to make sure they were done right. Yet, what if the forms are sent by the Government from the overseas Manila embassy instead of NVC to whoever the Agent is? Then it would be much easier to have the Alien be the Agent if that were the case since it takes 5-30 days for most letters to go back and forth from the US to the Philippines. Any advice?”

Any ideas, comments, questions, or concerns, are apprecaited, and will be forwarded to our friend.

Thanks in advance.

Ant

the agent of choice is the aliens SPOUSE. lol . its easier for the USC spouse to communicate with each other and the USC spouse to send documents to NVC faster. lol

shon.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree that the USC is generally the best choice for agent.

The beneficiary can prepare and sign documents ahead of time and send them to the USC to be ready to mail out when the NVC wants them, it will save a lot of time.

If your friend is not familiar with the shortcuts, I recommend reviewing James' Shortcuts in the pinned NVC Timesavers thread at the top of this forum, and also the NVC Flowchart in the guides.

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I agree that the USC is generally the best choice for agent.

The beneficiary can prepare and sign documents ahead of time and send them to the USC to be ready to mail out when the NVC wants them, it will save a lot of time.

If your friend is not familiar with the shortcuts, I recommend reviewing James' Shortcuts in the pinned NVC Timesavers thread at the top of this forum, and also the NVC Flowchart in the guides.

I was wondering about the same question. I thought about having the NVC send all the docs to my spouse to cut time but the most efficient way was to elect myself (petitioner) as agent. I already informed her of all the necessary docs and I should have them in a few days. Just put the date and off it goes. Hoping to save as much time as possible.

Cliff & Liezl

Annulment precedings took 16 months---> Jan. 2005 - May. 2006. We had people on the inside helping.

Got married in Marikina Philippines ---> 09-19-2006

I-130 Timeline

Jan. 8 ---> I-130 sent to CSC

Jan. 11 ---> Received NOA1

Jan. 16 ---> Check cleared bank

Jan. 17 ---> Touched!

Mar. 8 ---> NOA 2 APPROVED!!!! 40 days!!

Mar. 20 ---> Arrived at NVC-->> Case number assigned!! Woo Hoo!!

Apr. 2 ---> DS-3032 & AOS fee bill generated. [called NVC automated number]

Apr. 5 ---> Wife emailed Dept of State DS-3032 Choice of Agent [damaged in mail excuse]

Apr. 6 ---> Local IRS office accepts my W-7 & 2006 taxes. [Married filing jointly] Done!

Apr. 9 ---> Rec'd AOS fee bill and copy of DS-3032 form from NVC

Apr. 10 ---> NVC accepts email for DS-3032 Choice of Agent

Apr. 11 ---> Sent AOS fee bill by USPS priority mail

I-129F Timeline

Jan. 20 ---> Sent I-129F to Chicago

Jan. 24 ---> Received NOA1 but Rejection Notice- Outdated form

Jan. 30 ---> Sent I-129F to Chicago Lockbox

Feb. 5 ---> Received NOA1- receipt notice

Feb. 8 ---> Check cleared my bank

Feb. 22 ---> I-129F form transferred to Cal Service Center

Feb. 28 ---> I-129F form received at Cal Service Center

Mar. 1 ---> Touched!

Still pending at CSC!!

Still pending At CSC!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Good luck on your immigration journeys. Thank you for the helpful information for this message thread, which I will forward to our friend.

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.