simpl_

Questions about expedited AP/EAD

3 posts in this topic

Hi all!

Before I start, just wanted to say I am aware of the requirements needed for expedited AP/EAD and fairly certain that I meet the criteria (family emergency/settling estate). To the questions:

Currently we're concern is expediting the advanced parole (for my wife), not worried about getting EAD. So, when we were on the phone, we gave the agent the receipt number for the AP and asked that it be expedited. Now, it says online that the expedited AP has been assigned to an officer, but doesn't show anything on the page for the EAD. I know that when filing for both, you get the combo card, so will the AP alone be expedited, or will both AP and EAD be expedited? I am assuming both will come through on the card, but I wouldn't want to be in a situation where the AP comes through, we leave the US briefly, then the AP/EAD combo comes through and somehow the solo AP is now invalid.

Second question, how long does the process typically take from calling to expedite to approval/receiving? They said to wait five days, but I wasn't sure if that was for assignment to an officer for review, or for the complete approval decision to be made.

Appreciate any help!

October 7, 2015: Sent AOS Pack
October 15, 2015: NOA1
October 29, 2015: RFE (due to wanting more info regarding tax returns)
November 5, 2015: Biometrics taken
November 17, 2015: RFE Response Received by USCIS
November 23, 2015: Filed for Expedite EAD/AP
December 2, 2016: Approved EAD/AP
December 8, 2015: Received EAD/AP
Sept 26, 2016: USCIS received renewal for EAD/AP

Oct 19, 2016: Interview scheduled for Nov 22, 2016

Nov 22, 2016: Interview - went well but RFE for an updated medical I-693

Dec 1, 2016: USCIS received the new medical I-693

If it's an emergency make an appt or walk into the local office and they can approve it the same day depending on the circumstances, it would be AP only...

Hi Shauneg, appreciate the reply. I had looked into emergency AP, but I don't think we either want or need that. I would say urgent vs emergency at this point, really I'm shooting to get it prior to mid-Dec when airfares get crazy... :/

October 7, 2015: Sent AOS Pack
October 15, 2015: NOA1
October 29, 2015: RFE (due to wanting more info regarding tax returns)
November 5, 2015: Biometrics taken
November 17, 2015: RFE Response Received by USCIS
November 23, 2015: Filed for Expedite EAD/AP
December 2, 2016: Approved EAD/AP
December 8, 2015: Received EAD/AP
Sept 26, 2016: USCIS received renewal for EAD/AP

Oct 19, 2016: Interview scheduled for Nov 22, 2016

Nov 22, 2016: Interview - went well but RFE for an updated medical I-693

Dec 1, 2016: USCIS received the new medical I-693

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.