sanityassassin

USCIS Online Account Needed?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is there any advantage to signing up for an online account on the USCIS website where you check the status of your case (K1 application in my case)? I tried to set-up an account there but the website is pretty "broken" it seems. It allowed me to set-up an account, but then when I went to log-in it said there was a "technical error" and to contact support. I tried a different computer and a different browser and then received a message that my account was "locked" and it gave me the option to reset my password. I did the whole password reset thing and it said my access was restored but again when I went to log-on it said my account was locked.

Sent an email to the webmaster, got an automated reply that they can't reply to emails and to use their website or 1-800 number for help. Did both...no help. There is no option for "website problems" on the 1-800 number but I did manage to get an actual person on the phone and after 20 minutes of talking with him, he wanted my case # so he could tell me my case status. I explained to him that was not the issue, that I could look up the case status just as easily as him...the issue is that I can not log in to an account that I just created because the website immediately locked my account down.

So my two questions are. 1.) Is there a benefit to having an account vs. just entering your receipt # to get case status updates. 2.) How can I get someone at USCIS to fix this issue with my account?

Thanks!

-Brian

Setting up an account enables you to subscribe to notifications which i'm not sure how much you'd really get out of it. And just not having to remember to save/enter the receipt number every time. Particularly after she comes and you file multiple forms and I think you'll get multiple cases. Overall technically no. Not the end of the world by any means. To it....I've never really had a problem with the site except pwrds auto expire/90 days. Which all in all Im ok w/ actually and probably rather prudent.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the input. I hope someone will respond to my email and fix my account there. Maybe I will have to sign up with a different email but then I would have to check that email for updates...argh.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.