7 posts in this topic

I am sorry if I have missed this, but could someone clear this up for me.

What fees will my wife have to pay when she goes to her interview? She will have her interview in Manila.

I know she has to pay for the medical, and she will have to pay for delivery of her visa after the interview. Did I read correctly in that the fees I sent to the NVC covers the visa or does it just cover the application and there is another fee for the visa itself?

Is there another fee she will have to pay besides the visa application fee I have already sent the NVC?

I am just confused, because I read about going to a bank to pay fees before the interview.

We are just turning in the application to the NVC, so I know we still have a few months until she gets her interview.

Thanks again for everyones help and advice!

(Now if I can just keep my brain from turning into mush after reading all these government forms and 'easy-to-understand' instructions!)

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Can someone help me? Or point me to the right thread/website.

I may just be confused about what my visa application fee covers, but I would appreciate any help!

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Unless there is something special about the Philippines which I haven't heard of, there are no additional charges to be paid at the interview after you pay the $380 to the NVC.

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Perhaps you are confusing the K-3 with the CR-1/IR-1.

I am sorry if I have missed this, but could someone clear this up for me.

What fees will my wife have to pay when she goes to her interview? She will have her interview in Manila.

I know she has to pay for the medical, and she will have to pay for delivery of her visa after the interview. Did I read correctly in that the fees I sent to the NVC covers the visa or does it just cover the application and there is another fee for the visa itself?

Is there another fee she will have to pay besides the visa application fee I have already sent the NVC?

I am just confused, because I read about going to a bank to pay fees before the interview.

We are just turning in the application to the NVC, so I know we still have a few months until she gets her interview.

Thanks again for everyones help and advice!

(Now if I can just keep my brain from turning into mush after reading all these government forms and 'easy-to-understand' instructions!)

Thanks for the help guys!

I knew there were fees for the K-3, I just wanted to be sure there wasn't anything I missed on her CR1.

I keep having nightmares that Kathlene gets to Manila and there is something I missed!

_________

George Bernard Shaw

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dogwood_Poet,

I had an extra surcharge of $45 on top of $335 fee when I paid at the consulate in Italy (I'm holding a Philippine passport). I didn't bother clearing up with them what the $45 was for... (I got my CR1 at the end of the day, same day as the interview).

W

Filed: Timeline

W,

The $45 is a security surcharge, intended to pay for the cost of the various additional security checks that have been introduced in the last few years. The $45 security surcharge plus the $335 visa application fee equals the $380 figure that riblet posted.

There was a transition period after the security surcharge was introduced during which visa applicants who had already paid the $335 to the NVC had to pay the $45 at the consulate.

Yodrak

Dogwood_Poet,

I had an extra surcharge of $45 on top of $335 fee when I paid at the consulate in Italy (I'm holding a Philippine passport). I didn't bother clearing up with them what the $45 was for... (I got my CR1 at the end of the day, same day as the interview).

W

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.