Girlnextdoor

Really nervous about my AOS interview

7 posts in this topic

Not only is the AOS interview a scary thought even more so when you have to go alone!!! My interview is in 2 days at the Seattle office, my husband is on deployment so won't be able to attend so I'll be going alone ? I'm confident I have all my paperwork and I am confident in our relationship yet whenever I think about the interview my stomach drops, I'm literally loosing sleep. Someone give me some good interview stories !! I am really nervous!! I keep thinking we're gonna be denied and they're going to make me leave :( I already have my EAD and have been working since July that's a good thing right?!? Soooo nervous

Edited by Girlnextdoor

Filed: Timeline

You will be just fine. I am down in Portland and had my interview on the 15th. I was very nervous as well, but it was a breeze and we were in and out in about 20 minutes. Dress nicely, speak clearly, and relax. If your marriage is real, they will know. Just be confident and you will do fine. It's really nothing to worry about. Best of luck

AOS April 11, 2015 AOS (I-485, I-130 & I-765) package sent to Chicago LockboxApril 13 2015 The package delivered to Chicago LockboxMay 12 2015 Successful BiometricsMay 20 2015 I-485 updated to 'Ready to Schedule for Interview'.<p>July 16th 2015 Received EAD card in mail.

Sept 10th 2015. Notice of interview scheduled for October 15th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

dont be nervous, all thought is normal it can totally make things go wrong

good luck :star:

• Got Married: July 25, 2015 (L)

• Sent I-130: August 23, 2016

I-130: Approved! wohoo! February 17, 2016

NVC Received: March 07, 2016

Sent IV Package : March 28, 2016 We got a checked list :ranting: - NVC lost English translated police certificate :protest: wuah! delayed us 1 month!

Received Instruction and interview appointment letter- June 29, 2016

Interview in Cairo August 29, 2016 :idea: - Interview went well, Approved :) wohoo!!!! *I (petitioner) attended interview with my husband. Overall interview went well, (with the help of this forum) questions asked to me When did I arrive Egypt? How many times have I visited? Do I live in Egypt? Questions asked to my husband Where did we meet? How did we connect?(this is what she asked, i guess she meant how did we stay in touch) Did we have a wedding?

Visa ready August 31, 2016.

Habibi (L) Received VISA September 08, 2016 :dancing:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Not only is the AOS interview a scary thought even more so when you have to go alone!!! My interview is in 2 days at the Seattle office, my husband is on deployment so won't be able to attend so I'll be going alone ? I'm confident I have all my paperwork and I am confident in our relationship yet whenever I think about the interview my stomach drops, I'm literally loosing sleep. Someone give me some good interview stories !! I am really nervous!! I keep thinking we're gonna be denied and they're going to make me leave :( I already have my EAD and have been working since July that's a good thing right?!? Soooo nervous

All the Best and good luck. You will do fine.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

All the Best and good luck. You will do fine.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You will be fine, your marriage is real, you have your evidence, it will be fine. I actually think its easier going alone, that way they can only ask you questions, Like make sure you know all your husbands details, date of birth, place of birth, where is he deployed how long when will he return, its harder when two of you go because they can separate and compare your answers, but now that your going alone your answers will only be compared to what ever you wrote on paper which is much easier. You will do great don't worry, I don't know you but yet I am confident you will be approved with ease.

12/24/2014.................forms i130, i485, i765, i131 mailed via usps12/26/2014.................forms delivered01/05/2015.................NOA1 for all forms wth 26th dec as priority date01/24/2015.................bio apt received for 02/0601/26/2015................. walk in bio failed, supervisor said that the office is way to busy to come back closer to my apt date02/06/2015................. completed biometrics02/11/2015.................Aos status update 'case is ready to be scheduled for an interview'<p>02/24/2015................EAD updated to 'card in production' AP updated to case approved

09/17/2015....... interview scheduled for OCT 21st.

10/21/2015....... attended interview, approved on the spot, also received updates on case status.

10/23/2015...... green card mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.