USHavana23

On ap status 2 months almost 3 feeling very sad with no news

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Went to my husbands interview on august11,2015 everything went great but unfortunately we could not get the medical before the interview so the cousil told my husband to come back with the medical and passport when he had it on August 20 gave it in with passport and since then we have been on ap status we have had 2 status updates and one today cause the help desk wrote an email and it was answered so they change the status update the sent the basic email they send to everybody that is on ap so status I feel so lost and emotionally drained I wrote a email and sent it to the congress woman so they could help I was advised It could help We have 6 months for medical and police records expire 3 have gone by does anybody have any advise or is in a similar situation?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to IR1/CR1 Spouse Visa Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

How long have you been in AP? Did they give you a return date? Did they take his passport when he gave them the medical proof? My husband was put into AP in Cuba as well pending Medical. They gave him a 221 g with a date to come back. I think he had to go back to the embassy at least two different times before they changed his status to approved? Has he visited the embassy in havana again to see what the hold up is? Good luck! I know this wait is the worst!

Timeline

Thank you so much for your response .they gave him a white paper that said he could come back Monday through Thursday to give the medical when he had it with his passport wich he did on August 21 our interview was on august 11. And have been on ap since then . He went to the embassy to see what is the hold up one time and was told that I am to look on the ceac page to wait till it says issued and treated him not to well he felt bad I felt worse . I am just worried that they will let the medical and police records expire and we will have to go threw the whole wait and money spending again not counting on the wait of ap status once again I feel so lost

Timeline

I am so sorry you are going through this! I know it is awful! I don't know how close he lives to Havana, but if he lives close enough, I would have him keep going back every week to check the status until it is approved. That will at least keep him in their minds and maybe get them working on it, if nothing else to get rid of him coming all the time. I know they are jerks and he felt bad how they treated him. Tell him to try to not let them make him feel bad they are just on a power trip. :) Did they take his passport when he gave them his medical exam?

Timeline

When he turned in his medical exam did they give him any other form? Was there any dates or other information on his white paper that he received. My husband had to go in for one more interview after he turned in the medical and they asked him more questions about his military experience... Then they gave the approval.

Timeline

Yes they took his passport when he gave in the medical and yes they gave him a paper cause he told me he was able to go back in to the embassy the only time he has gone back after the interview and they told him I needed to look on the ceac page till it said issued . Do you really think it is a good idea that he goes back again?????

Timeline

Ok its a good thing they took his passport! That is a good sign. In my opinion, I think it wouldn't hurt for him to go and check what's the hold up. I know they probably will just tell him they are still APing it... but at least it will put him back on their radar. I know my husband went back to the embassy a few times to check on things. When he goes, he can just tell them, that it had been a while since he has heard anything and he just wanted to check if there is anything they needed from him. It is a long wait at the embassy and that sucks, so I am sure he is not looking forward to waiting all day just to hear the same thing, but maybe it will help. What exactly did they paper say that they gave him? Would you be able to send a screenshot of it, so I can see if it looks the same as what my husband's had?

Timeline

Just spoke to him on the phone he said that the paper he has is the same one they gave us the day of the interview which it says the things we needed to bring back with his case number . I can't send you a pic cause he has it in Cuba . I also told him about going there but he says he doesn't want to piss them off and just make things worse I feel so much worse when he told me that I don't want him to feel intimdated by them . He feels awful that we have done everything the right way and here we are after 1 year 8 months later since I petitioned for him in ap for 2 months ?

Timeline

I am sorry that this has been so difficult for you! The woman that gave my husband his first interview was very rude and intimidating too. I know she made him feel very bad. My husband's paper had a date that he was supposed to come back. It is crazy that it is taking so long in AP! I am not sure if there is a number to call the Embassy in Havana, but maybe you could try calling. I hope that he gets his approval soon! Please let me know when his status changes! I will keep my fingers crossed and pray for you both.

Timeline

Thank you so much for your support today is a real difficult day for me I feel real anxious and very sad . I have worse days than others today it's just one of those days. I really hope he gets his approval soon too I feel that days go and come and nothing and weekends I know nothing is done so at the embassy so weekend are really hard for me . I really hope this get resolved soon cause I feel my emotional status is not doing well at all

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

No change till today the status update changed to today's date it changed on its own hopefully it's a good thing . Prey for me and thank you so much for you caring interest God bless you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.