dfishpgh

Medical Exam just before interview for trip from Cebu?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance lives in Cebu, and we are only at stage of waiting for NVC to send interview letter. I would like suggestions in how to do medical and interview if we should plan on her 2 taking 2 trips to Manila which I would like to avoid or is it safe for her to have the medical exam starting 3 days before her interview?

From what I have read, medical results are ready on 2nd day if everything is satisfactory. Am I correct they give results in sealed envelope at the clinic for the interview?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I did not wait for the NVC letter because it didnt come, or it wasn't going to come (my interview date is near)

some did their medical a week before their interview date. i did it on oct 8-9, my fiance got my MNL case number by calling NVC and i tracked it via ceac, once it was ready,

I did the payment and scheduled my interview at the embassy and registered online for my medical.

after i did my medical, my fiance(usc) received the letter and an email saying that I should schedule my appointment.

if you are all clear, yes it will take two days. and yes they will give the results in the sealed envelope together with a cd ( do not open this, or tamper this)

i think your fiance can do it in one trip as long as she is physically fit, and has complete papers. but give him/her at least a good week or 2 in manila because I had a fever doing the immunization, she/he might not feel well after the medical.

good luck to your journey ^^

Edited by leisli

I'm finally done! took oath at DEC 2019 😁

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance lives in Cebu, and we are only at stage of waiting for NVC to send interview letter. I would like suggestions in how to do medical and interview if we should plan on her 2 taking 2 trips to Manila which I would like to avoid or is it safe for her to have the medical exam starting 3 days before her interview?

From what I have read, medical results are ready on 2nd day if everything is satisfactory. Am I correct they give results in sealed envelope at the clinic for the interview?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Waiting for NVC to send your interview letter? Do you have your MNL # ? If yes, there is nothing to wait for.

As for the medical, yes the medical is a 2 day process normally.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Some does that, just 1 day apart from medical to interview, it works for them.. Just hope there's no delay on your medical

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Timeline

Thank you for all advice. I think I have her go to Manila few days before interview for medical.

Thanks to good ole USA to make this harder on good people of Philippines to only have one location for the medical :angry::angry:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for all advice. I think I have her go to Manila few days before interview for medical.

Thanks to good ole USA to make this harder on good people of Philippines to only have one location for the medical :angry::angry:

That's OK... they only have one location for the embassy too.. ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Pfffsh! Don't get me started on the Philippine's own bureaucracy making everything so much harder on the good people of the Philippines. I've never come across anything like it. ("sorry ma'am/sir" is the Philippine official motto in my mind lol)

Live anywhere outside of Cebu or Manila? Hope you have a good supply of vaseline.

To your original question is it just her or are there any kids involved? If there are kids taking a TST at the medical, it may be more convenient all around to have her just stay there depending on the actual Day 1 of the medical.

I can't find a clear answer anywhere if TST results are actually given on Day 2 or Day 3 (SLEC website says Day 3)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.