shakabala

Tax transcripts

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys :

Do we need to send the tax transcripts for 5 years with N-400 ?

Is the return form enough, or we have to send the tax transcripts ?

Finally, can the tax transcript expire ?

we have the tax transcripts for 2011,12,13 14 we got it from the Irs long time ago ...Is that acceptable ?

Thanks for your help

1. No, you do not send the tax transcripts with your n400 filing but you do need to have copies with you at the interview. Often the IO will ask to see copies at the interview in order to verify information on your n400.

2. No, tax transcripts can never expire. But if you subsequently amended a previous year's tax filing then you should get the updated tax transcript.

Edited by NexGen

Timeline

1. No, you do not send the tax transcripts with your n400 filing but you do need to have copies with you at the interview. Often the IO will ask to see copies at the interview in order to verify information on your n400.

2. No, tax transcripts can never expire. But if you subsequently amended a previous year's tax filing then you should get the updated tax transcript.

Thanks for the answer, but I read here they sent tax transcripts with N-400, photos, and other documents ???!!!!!

Thanks for the answer, but I read here they sent tax transcripts with N-400, photos, and other documents ???!!!!!

Not necessary if you are filing under 5 years rule, but certainly recommend that you still bring along copies to the interview. Most of the people including tax transcripts with their n400 tend to be filing under 3 yrs based on marriage. But if it will put your mind at ease, go ahead and include with your application.

what`s the difference between Tax Account Transcript and Tax Return Transcript ? And which is required ?

Thanks

The Tax Account Transcript is a little more detailed than the Tax Return Transcript. I think at a bare minimum they want the Tax Return Transcript.

Timeline

The Tax Account Transcript is a little more detailed than the Tax Return Transcript. I think at a bare minimum they want the Tax Return Transcript.

Thanks too much

I requested both of them online to get by mail from IRS , but they put notice 5-10 days ...

and something I did n`t understand when I put my social and other information:

The page at http://sa.www.irs.govsays: This US. government system is for Authorized use only!

Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring, inspection, recording reading.

Copying or capturing by authorized personnel of all activities. There is no right to privacy in this system. Unauthorized use of this system is prohibited and

subject to criminal and civil penalties, including all penalties applicable to willful unauthorized access (UNAX) or inspection of taxpayer (under 18 U.S.C1030) AND 267431) .

I hope I did n`t screw it ...

we`re not into more troubles ..

before I fill my information the website gave me this window I accepted then I filled the information and ordered the transcripts (( Get by mail) ...

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks too much

I requested both of them online to get by mail from IRS , but they put notice 5-10 days ...

and something I did n`t understand when I put my social and other information:

The page at http://sa.www.irs.govsays: This US. government system is for Authorized use only!

Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring, inspection, recording reading.

Copying or capturing by authorized personnel of all activities. There is no right to privacy in this system. Unauthorized use of this system is prohibited and

subject to criminal and civil penalties, including all penalties applicable to willful unauthorized access (UNAX) or inspection of taxpayer (under 18 U.S.C1030) AND 267431) .

I hope I did n`t screw it ...

we`re not into more troubles ..

before I fill my information the website gave me this window I accepted then I filled the information and ordered the transcripts (( Get by mail) ...

Don't worry. It's just an announcement for requester that you MUST use the information for legal purposes. In your case, it's legal as long as your request your own transcripts.

Good luck

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Attempted thread hijack posting moved to separate thread to avoid confusion~

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/574506-n400-filing-question-split-thread/

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.