acgmph

Dutch Consulate - PostNL Debacle

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi there,

Can any Dutchies please let me know how long it took you to receive your passports from the consulate after your interview approval?

I had my interview last Tuesday (22nd) and passport was sent Friday (25th). Track&Trace still shows "Zending is ontvangen door PostNL" but a delivery estimate was first for Saturday (which they missed) and again one for today (which I have a feeling they'll miss - but hoping they won't).

I heard from a fellow K1'er that her passport and sealed envelope was sent using regular mail by accident and it arrived 10 days later... And I heard that's not the only case...

Can you please share your experience?

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi there!

I had my interview July 30 and received my passport and the k1 package back on August 4 end of the day. The consulate had a technical problem with printing visa just before I went in for my interview and the interviewer explained that they were still working on a backlog of delayed visa and that I should really take 5 business days as an indication. I got the k1 package + passport back in 3 business days, so I thought that was pretty quick.

I understand you are worried - I had that too and would have preferred the option of just picking the package up myself - but it sounds like your package is coming your way soon. You have a track and trace code, so you know your package is not lost or something. Worst case is that they don't find you at home when they deliver and you will have to pick it up at some PostNL point.

Timeline

For everyone else going through the same, here's the latest info: I received it today via normal mail, not courier! They didn't even ask for my signature (as it is required), they just left it in the mailbox.

Thanks Sanne for the reply :) Appreciated it.

I got mine in 1-2 days, I had to give a signature but I did my k1 in 2013-2014. So they probably changed a few things. If you like you could check this topic: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/164128-any-dutchamerican-couples/page-124 only Dutchies ;) Anyways Good to see you got it! Good luck with everything :)

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Timeline

Dank je :) I'm flying out Thursday!

I received an email today from the post kantoor that sends the packages for the US consulate and it appears that PostNL regularly mixes up the regular mail with the registered mail, that's why a lot of people just receive them in their regular mail. :ranting: PostNL... :bonk:

Awesome! Have a safe flight and ''Welcome to the United States on Thursday/Friday'' ;)

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.