anayjack

Lab exam...2nd chest xray request from Bogota lab question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So I've seen this here before. The lab tells people often that they have to repeat a chest x ray in Bogota and it seems like a scam. Anyone had this happen too and is there any way around this? It sucks because they know they got you under the gun time wise but having multiple chest x rays is not good for people aside from it being impossible that so many people get these requests.

Anyone got out of it or have any advice?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This have anything to do with the tubercuous crazy skin test? Both my wife and stepdaughter had that so called lifetime tubercuous immunization shot and claim if you received this would show a reaction, both were less than a size of a dime. Can also be an allegic reaction depending on whom is evaluating the test.

But because of this, insisted on chest xrays, but only one, both had clear chests. But at the same time, the British developed a far more accurate blood test, so at least in the USA, not using this skin test anymore.

But before this happened, wife applied for a job at our hospital and because of her records insisted on a 2nd chest x-ray, but this was a year after. Met several other doctors that never even heard of this tubercuous lifetime immunization shot. Not much different than taking your vehicle to a car mechanic, could be knowledgeable or a complete idiot.

Have to find a doctor with some brains. And what about the x-ray machine, is this something left over from the 1930's? Ha, I needed what is called a minor surgery that can be done outpatient, some doctors wanted to cut me up and put me in the hospital for a week. Found one that was up to date, and was in and out in three hours. But regardless if you get good or bad advice, still have to pay the basterds. What a racket.

Timeline

Thanks NickD...my fiancee went back this morning and they didn't do another XRAY, they did some other test that she said seemed perfunctory and then said everything was fine. She said the place was packed! You wouldn't think they'd need to nickle out more revenue...but....you know ;-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am assuming this is dealing with that I-693 medical form that you have to have to apply for permanent residency. Find this to be ironic, don't need this to come here when applying for a visa. Really all you need to get a visa is to prove you have lots of money.

And in consequence, foreigners are coming here with some major dieases, most recent was this African ebola outbreak that is highly contagious. At times our government just doesn't make any sense.

Tuberculosis is also highly contagious, so since they were making such a big deal out of this with my wife to be and daughter, shouldn't I also be tested for tuberculosis? Answer was no, you are not required by law.

Timeline

Looking for logic in a bureaucracy...which we will never find. I know! No, this is the basic lab requirement for the K 1 visa. It's all done now and they didn't do another XRAY. But you are spot on!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.