Valdfellgar

K-1 Visa fingerprint scheduling New Delhi question.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi, so fiancee's Visa is progressing smoothly, if slow. We still have our PCC interview to do (couldn't get out of our prescheduled appointment for the 21st) but after we get that in hand we'll be ready to schedule her Visa interview. We went ahead and paid the 265, but I've noticed that after hitting the continue button it wants me to schedule the interview, rather than the biometric fingerprint collection, which their online guide http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-kvisa.aspclaims is next up. Can anyone fill me in on exactly what's going on? Does the fingerprint collection happen at the Embassy itself? From what I've seen online it's supposed to happen at another facility isn't it? Or is it that after I've scheduled the interview it'll ask me to schedule the fingerprint? Gah, I'm so confused.

If anyone has advice it'd be a huge help, hate for things to become more complicated by not having an idea of what's supposed to happen. It's already complicated enough =/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Well, I do not remember exactly the order that it should be in, but if you schedule the visa interview appointment, and it does not ever give you an option to schedule the biometrics.. Well, then, you need to call the embassy. This happened to us. I am warning you, though, that my husband had to be really pushy and firm with getting someone to help him. The first time he called the lady was unable to help. He called again and was real firm with them about it, and after she tried a couple of things, she was able to schedule it for him.

So, I recommend trying to schedule the Visa appointment first. If it never prompts you to schedule the biometrics appointment, then, call the embassy.

And yes, the fingerprinting happens at another location (Nehru Place I believe).

Good luck!

Edited by katietw95

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks, Katietw95 for the heads up! I'm hoping it won't come to that, but good to know we might need to hound them a little should things get iffy.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

No problem. I hope you do not have to do that either; it was really frustrating. Apprently at that time there was something up with the site. I am not exactly sure... Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.