starlisle

affidavit of support, when? also sponsor question

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

When do I send the affidavit of support in? Is it with the i129f or to the meeting with the consulate (embassy)? Seems a lot of people sends it in with the I129F but it isnt necessary, whats the smart thing to do?

Also my fiance earns enough money but he has only had that job for 5 months and yet not filed for paying taxes, will he have to file for paying taxes asap?

Also, he cant be my sponsor when he doesnt have any papers from IRS right? As he only had that job for 5 months and before that he was paid very little by his dad so he couldnt pay any taxes on such little money (like 150-200 a week or something).

So that means we have to use a co-sponsor right? How much money in USD does the sponsor need to earn and what documents do we submit with this?

Also is there anything I will have to think about when the co-sponsor we have in mind has a four person household (his wife, and two children whereas my fiance is one of them) but his wife doesn't have any income but his two children has, do we have to provide their income papers too or only the co-sponsor?

And we are also filing for K2 for my child, will the co-sponsor need to earn more money then? If yes, how much?

Help is highly appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.