HappyDancer

IR5 Senior parents to undergo sputum test: What to expect?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, everyone. My parents are processing their IR5 visa and currently waiting for their 3 day sputum test to start on Monday,Sep14-16. They already have a visa interview schedule of Sep22 (which of course will need to be rescheduled. I have been reading and so far I am more confused than enlightened because of conflicting experiences Re sputum tests. My family is not based in Manila and I'm trying to manage their flight schedules and accommodation. They are both senior citizens and unaccompanied. I just want to make sure we do this whole thing without any hitches if they can avoid it.

Please see below my questions and I'm looking forward to clear and verified answers. Thanks in advance.

1. What will happen at the end of the 3rd day sputum test collection? Do they still need to go back to St. Luke's or they can book a flight back to Cebu afterwards?

2. Considering that they have an interview schedule already set by NVC, who should call and inform the US Embassy? Is that St. Luke's job or the applicant's? If it is St. Luke's, is there a way for us to verify if they did what they are supposed to do? This is the part that I have conflicting answers. I don't want to reschedule something myself and end up getting blocked off if it was way too premature or too late because of incorrect information. Time is of the essence here. Their daily expenses are killing my bank account.

3. After all the sputum specimen is collected, I know that there will be an 8 week wait period for the culture unless the test turns out TB-POSITIVE (and that's another beast to tackle), but St. Luke's will not provide information and instead will ask you to come back on a specific date. That is fine and dandy if you live in Manila. But then again this will be an issue if they are still in Cebu. Any suggestions of a game plan?

4. They were given a note from St. Luke's to bring their DS-260 confirmation. Which one is this and what does this form look like?

5. Who brings the medical results to the US Embassy? Back in my K1 days, St. LUKE'S forwarded the medical documents and results to the embassy. Has this process changed?

I need as much info and advice as I can get to have a better timeline and expectations in mind. It's causing me a lot of confusion and I would really appreciate if anyone can clear up some of the above-questions for me. Any tips, FYIs, warnings, cautions, etc?

Please and thank you!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Timeline

Hello, everyone. My parents are processing their IR5 visa and currently waiting for their 3 day sputum test to start on Monday,Sep14-16. They already have a visa interview schedule of Sep22 (which of course will need to be rescheduled. I have been reading and so far I am more confused than enlightened because of conflicting experiences Re sputum tests. My family is not based in Manila and I'm trying to manage their flight schedules and accommodation. They are both senior citizens and unaccompanied. I just want to make sure we do this whole thing without any hitches if they can avoid it.

Please see below my questions and I'm looking forward to clear and verified answers. Thanks in advance.

1. What will happen at the end of the 3rd day sputum test collection? Do they still need to go back to St. Luke's or they can book a flight back to Cebu afterwards?

2. Considering that they have an interview schedule already set by NVC, who should call and inform the US Embassy? Is that St. Luke's job or the applicant's? If it is St. Luke's, is there a way for us to verify if they did what they are supposed to do? This is the part that I have conflicting answers. I don't want to reschedule something myself and end up getting blocked off if it was way too premature or too late because of incorrect information. Time is of the essence here. Their daily expenses are killing my bank account.

3. After all the sputum specimen is collected, I know that there will be an 8 week wait period for the culture unless the test turns out TB-POSITIVE (and that's another beast to tackle), but St. Luke's will not provide information and instead will ask you to come back on a specific date. That is fine and dandy if you live in Manila. But then again this will be an issue if they are still in Cebu. Any suggestions of a game plan?

4. They were given a note from St. Luke's to bring their DS-260 confirmation. Which one is this and what does this form look like? ans. this is the Immigrant Visa Application Form that you fill out. Once completed you can print it or send it to your email and reprint as needed (you should have this already just send it to them and let them print it.)

5. Who brings the medical results to the US Embassy? Back in my K1 days, St. LUKE'S forwarded the medical documents and results to the embassy. Has this process changed? ans. my mom & dad did their medical already thanks God everything went okay, they got a sealed envelope with instructions not to open it and am guessing they will bring that to embassy during interview (they don't have any schedule of interview yet, i just let them do the advance medical just incase there is something wrong so they will have enough time )

I need as much info and advice as I can get to have a better timeline and expectations in mind. It's causing me a lot of confusion and I would really appreciate if anyone can clear up some of the above-questions for me. Any tips, FYIs, warnings, cautions, etc?

Please and thank you!

Timeline

Wow..I didn't know that they can do the medical without the interview schedule. How did you do that?

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.