bade_miya

DCF process in India ends on May 31, 2006.

8 posts in this topic

I got email for immigration office regarding change in DCF requirements. No idea does the new process would be faster or it be stll called as Direct Consular Filing.

Please update if any has more information on this.

Citizenship & Immigration Services

Effective July 4, 2004, U.S. citizens who wish to file an I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) for their immediate relative must provide evidence that they have resided in India for a minimum of 60 days immediately prior to the filing of the petition. This requirement ends on May 31, 2006.

Effective June 1, 2006, U.S. citizens who wish to file an I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) for their immediate relatives must provide evidence that they are residents of India. Proof of such residency will include a U.S. passport with an appropriate long-term, valid Indian visa and a Registration Report and Residential Permit issued by the Foreigners Registration Office (FRRO) of the government of India. Additional evidence may include, but is not limited to, on-going employment in India, taxes paid in India, rent/property receipts, and utility receipts.

United States Citizens may file their petitions between 9:00 AM and 12:00 Noon on all normal business days.

United States Citizens MUST BE PRESENT to file their petitions. If a United States Citizen is filing for a spouse, it is required that the spouse also appear so that immigration officials may ask any questions necessary for the adjudication of the petition.

Applicants who do not meet the above residency requirements must file their petitions in the United States with the Service Center having jurisdiction over their place of residence. The address for the Service Centers can be found on the petition or on the website at www.uscis.gov.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Wow, that is interesting. Thanks for posting this!

It sounds like they want to want to discourage people from living in India for 60 days as a vacation and then file their spouse's paperwork. They want you to actually be a USC living and working in India.

Edited by pbgirl

They are doing this to stop the flyby filers. Those are US residents who take three months vacation to file for their relatives in India. They must get a lot of these types of petitioners. With this new policy, DCF will most likely be much faster in India since there will be fewer petitioners.

And I think it's a good thing. DCF was never designed as a way to bypass USCIS and the NVC. It was intended for US expatriates who want to bring their relatives to the US. As more US residents find out about DCF and exploit the system, you will see embassies and consulates implement stricter requirements for filing DCF.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you very much for passing this info along!

I agree with scy; we've already seen many Consulates stop doing non-resident DCF, and it's possibly for the reason scy says.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline
I got email for immigration office regarding change in DCF requirements. No idea does the new process would be faster or it be stll called as Direct Consular Filing.

Please update if any has more information on this.

I haven't looked to see if this is posted at the Consulate's site or what.. can you please give a link if you're still dropping by?

Thanks!

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Here is the link to that page DCF requirements

CSC Timeline

05/03/2005 NOA1 for I-130 CR1

10/28/2005 NOA2

NVC Timeline

11/15/2005 - NVC case number assigned

01/04/2006 - NVC completed the case... ( 50 days)

01/11/2006 Case sent to Embassy

01/16/2006 Case deliverd to Embassy as per DHL tracking

February 7th, 2006 Found out Interview date by Calling DOS (202-663-1225)

February 13, 2006 - Packet 4 received

March 21st, 2006 - Medical

March 23rd, 2006 - Interview --- VISA APPROVED

March 24th - Passport received. ( Applicant picked up passport from Courier/delivery service office)

April 7th - Hubby's POE at Chicago.

April 10th - Trip to SSA Local office to apply for Social Security Card.

April 27th - 1st Welcome letter

May 1st - 2nd Welcome letter

May5th - Received Social Security card in mail

May 11th - Received Green Card in mail

196 Days @ USCIS ( 178 for NOA2 + 18 case transfer at NVC)

50 Days @ NVC to complete the case

13 Days @ case transfer at embassy

65 Days @ Embassy

Total -324 days from NOA1 to Visa approval

.png

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Please read the link YamSam provided. The answer to your question (and the coming ones) is right there.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.