joliejolie

Is the DV arrest record/Case dropped will affect the removal of condition in my green card?

9 posts in this topic

Good afternoon every body,

I still married to the husband who called the police against me claiming i abused him after having arguments together, this happened on July 19 this year, i wanted to leave him his family and friends and him convinced me to stay with him and see how life will looks like after giving him a chance , i gave him the chance and we are still living together , next month the 90 days windows will be open for me to remove the condition on my green card i will fill jointly with the husband i guess! .

i worry a lot because i don't know if the removal process will be easy like i expected before, or it will be too difficult or may be my case will be denied because of the arrest, although i have proofs of bona fide marriage . like lease contract/travel together/bills/life /health insurance, photos ect

no joint car insurance its necessary to have a joint car insurance?

no joint credit card the husband credit is bad,

no dental insurance

I have 1 question i appreciate your help/advice

Do you think with the proofs that i have i can get 10 years green card? or since i have arrest in my record i'm not going to have the 10 years green card ? i dint see any immigration attorney

Thanks

Worry less , you got arrested but not charged for anything, i have read many stories with DV and i-751 and their green card gt approved ,

i hope what are you saying is true , thanks for your reply

Since you have a month till your 90 day window opens, I'd suggest you research through VJ to look for what other evidence you can submit that you haven't already thought of. A glimpse on VJ will show that couples have come up with very creative ways to add joint evidence. If you haven't done it already, you can think of making healthcare power of attorney and/or wills. Such evidence will surely override your previous history.

Thank you , i'm trying to find out what can i submit with i-751

thank you for your answer

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

How about drafting a Power of Attorney for Health Care.You should get a CERTIFIED COURT DISPOSITION to submit along with your case.

Get affidavits from family and friends stating about bonafide marriage.They should mention their full name, date and place of birth and current address.They should mention when they met you and where, if they attending the wedding or not,if not why not, If they visited you after the wedding. The affidavits must be NOTARIZED, but affidavits from your family abroad are not necessary to notarize. Submit IRS TRANSCRIPT.

How about drafting a Power of Attorney for Health Care.You should get a CERTIFIED COURT DISPOSITION to submit along with your case.

Get affidavits from family and friends stating about bonafide marriage.They should mention their full name, date and place of birth and current address.They should mention when they met you and where, if they attending the wedding or not,if not why not, If they visited you after the wedding. The affidavits must be NOTARIZED, but affidavits from your family abroad are not necessary to notarize. Submit IRS TRANSCRIPT.

Thanks for your answer , what do you mean by certified court disposition? they gave me in the court day a paper saying no action taken , i got this document from the court i asked for more documentation they said this is what i can get and i'm good to go , there was no trial or anything i was not charged for anything , is this paper what are you talking about?

there is no sample/example on how to write affidavits? the affidavits should be written by hand or computer? where to notarize it? i'm asking in case i submit affidavits with my application

Thank you again i hope i get answer to those 2 questions, please

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.