alexjtowell

Case Complete! Any Idea When The Interview in Montreal Will Be?

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, I have called 3 times. August 25th, they sent it off for supervisor review. Then a week later, then a week later. They tell me the ds-260 is the reason it is being held up. It is still under review and is holding up a lot of people. But apparently not everyone. Perhaps I should push to speak to a supervisor?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

question... I looked at the checklist of documents to bring to the interview... but is it neccessary to bring your aos? I didnt make a copy of it before I sent it in (dummy moment) so I'm not sure if I need it wouldnt they have it there already? also where do we find the confirmation of ds-260?

Timeline

question... I looked at the checklist of documents to bring to the interview... but is it neccessary to bring your aos? I didnt make a copy of it before I sent it in (dummy moment) so I'm not sure if I need it wouldnt they have it there already? also where do we find the confirmation of ds-260?

The best advice I can offer is to fill out a new I-864 and make a copy. They might have the one you sent in already, but since there is also a new edition of the I-864 anyway, they could turn you away for not having the newest edition. I'm just going off of what others have said, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. If they don't have the I-864 that you already sent in, then you will be able to give them the new one. It's a hassle, but I think we can all agree that the entire immigration process is a hassle.

For the confirmation page, go to ceac.state.gov

Click on DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

Enter your information

At the top, click on IV Application

Click View

At the top, click on Sign

Click Print Confirmation

Timeline

did anyone get their confirmation email from montreal yet? I got my confirmation from nvc over the phone but I haven't received the email yet and my physical is next week in vancouver :S

Timeline

did anyone get their confirmation email from montreal yet? I got my confirmation from nvc over the phone but I haven't received the email yet and my physical is next week in vancouver :S

I hadn't really heard about receiving anything from Montreal. All you have to bring to the medical exam is the letter you got from the NVC with your interview date. I called to get my interview date for October 19th on September 15th and I still haven't gotten the letter from the NVC. The lady told me on the phone that I'd receive it in 7 days, so I'm hoping I get it tomorrow!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I booked a room at hotel travelodge montreal centre it was cheap and Im only there for one night I get in late on the 13tha and my interview is early on the 14th so I just went for affordable Im actually trying to make this whole trip as cheap as possible since I still have to make a big move to vegas in a few weeks! :)

Good choice.

I stayed at Days Inn which is even further walk.

I also ended up paying $24 parking near hotel first night.. And then $17 parking right in front of consulate second day for passport pickup. Not sure if that parking lot is available for overnight parking or not, but that's worth checking. You can be out of Montreal directly after interview without much walk. (On my interview day that parking lot cost was $10, but there was some event happening on the passport pickup day in downtown.)

Timeline

Interview letter (P4) just received by e-mail.....and naturally, LOL, my printer cartridge just died. Anyway, I'm very very excited. Now I can go ahead and book the medical in Toronto and gather all the paperwork and continue to patiently wait (HA!) for the interview. I booked my rental car and hotel yesterday.

I hope everyone else gets their letters very very soon too. :joy:

Timeline

Interview letter (P4) just received by e-mail.....and naturally, LOL, my printer cartridge just died. Anyway, I'm very very excited. Now I can go ahead and book the medical in Toronto and gather all the paperwork and continue to patiently wait (HA!) for the interview. I booked my rental car and hotel yesterday.

I hope everyone else gets their letters very very soon too. :joy:

just got mine too!

Ditto!!

MonicaCO, can you let us know when your medical exam is?

Timeline

Alex.... any issues with registering your appointment.... mine comes back saying "not ready to register the appointment".... the CEAC site shows IN TRANSIT so I'm going to hope that is the issue

Anyone else having this issue?

Moving on to calling the doctors now.

Timeline

Alex.... any issues with registering your appointment.... mine comes back saying "not ready to register the appointment".... the CEAC site shows IN TRANSIT so I'm going to hope that is the issue

Anyone else having this issue?

Moving on to calling the doctors now.

Yes, I had the same issue when I tried to register last night, although my case still says "At NVC", so I'm guessing we can't register until it says "Ready"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What is CC? Would it help to call the NVC and ask about the interview data for K-1 Visa (Fiance)?

When trying the montreal Online scheduling, there are no dates available til 2018, are you seeing the same?

Thanks

Viral

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I had the same issue with it coming back saying "not ready to register the appointment". I called and was told to just give it a few days. They said to still show up for the interview even if I'm not able to register for it online before hand as it is just to schedule courier service for your documents afterwards.

My case complete was Aug 11th. Just received my interview date at 2pm Sept 22nd for an interview on October 5th. So now I'm stressing about trying to schedule my medical with the Dr who only does appointments by email and hasn't responded so I can book a flight and not have to reschedule the Visa interview.

So close to being done but so frustrating!

Timeline

So.....the moving vehicle saga continues.....***sigh****

The smallest moving truck is going to cost me $2000.....using a moving company with my stuff well under the minimum weight is over $3000...and I can't even get a one-way car rental from Ontario to Colorado. I don't want to import my rattle trap of an SUV that may or may not get me there, but that may not be an option.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.