Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am new to visa journey, but need your help.I am preparing file for K1 petition.My concern is my fiance(in India) have her surname added on passport ,but don't have it on birth certificate.Do i need to provide any legal proof for this while submitting for petition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.If proof is needed what king of proof it need to be

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Sim174,

You will definitely need to get that fixed. Difference in names from birth certificate and the passport might turn out to be an issue. I don't know what the exact solution is, but I think you need to go to the local magistrate and get a notarized statement saying that there is an acknowledged difference between the two documents, however, that the person is the same. It might turn out to be a notarized statement or an affidavit. Hope this helps, let us know what happens.

---Good luck---


--Good Luck--

I learned the hard way...I hope you don't have to :rolleyes: . Immigration is very interesting

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.