Jump to content

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have a few questions regarding a CRBA. I am a U.S. Citizen; my wife is a Philippines citizen. We were married while she was in the United States on an internship. Later, she got pregnant, but had to return home. She just gave birth in the Philippines to our little girl. Her I-130 paperwork is already being processed. I have a few questions regarding my daughter's CRBA.

1. Since we are married, do I need to send anything extra with the CRBA since I will NOT be present at the interview? Does the DS-5507 not apply to me since we were married at conception?

2. Do I need to fill out BOTH the DS-11 Application for Passport AND DS-3053 Consent or just the second?

3. It asks for evidence of my U.S. Citizenship and copies of any current or expired passports. I do not have a passport. The only one I had expired months ago, I do not longer have it. I figured I would just send a birth certificate for evidence of my U.S. Citizenship, do I need to send copies of my expired passports since I no longer have it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.