trandy

Visa refused?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Really need some feedback on this. Here's the story (please don't ask rhetorical questions or try to shame me, I just need help).

I got a denial under section 212a for not having vaccinations. I had intended to waiver. I changed my mind after the denial and had the vaccinations. The medical centre asked the embassy to return the medical docs back to them for updating, they complied, I sent the medical centre my new vaccination records and they couriered those over Friday and likely they arrived early this week.

Seeing as I have no idea what to do next I thought I'd check online at CEAC and put in my case number.

The pop-up says 'REFUSED', Status Updated Date: 19-Aug-2015.

QUESTIONS:

1. Now, I can't remember whether it said 'refused' before or not. Can anyone tell me if a denial under section 212a would also have said 'refused'?

Note: that in the blue slip it refers to the denial using this terminology "this refusal constitutes a denial of visa..." so the term refused is used there without finality (as obviously the waiver is a route).

2. Assuming that the status is the same now as BEFORE sending the vaccination new results, i.e. both being in the refusal state, does anyone know what should likely happen next? (given that I've satisfied all immigration criteria).

Contacting the embassy is not possible (well, it is, but a reply isn't).

Many thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Additional. From what I gather, Refused is the standard term for cases pending waivers and the update date can change daily while in this refused state.

Would still be interested if anyone can guess what will happen next, i.e. courier notification or a letter from the embassy or...? it is a unique situation.

Note: after my interview was over and I received the blue slip, I was told to go to another part of the embassy to fill in a courier form. So just to let you know that a courier process is expected somewhere along the lines, and paid for, but this was under the assumption of going through with the normal waiver process.

Edited by trandy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.