2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just had to redo mine as well. There should be a link in the letter and a phone number that you can call. Or you can look on the USCIS website. Apparently the prices of Civil Surgeons can differ a lot so look around, I managed to find one in Florida that cost $95 but there were others who wanted to charge up to $300. The civil surgeon i went to had all of the forms there.

K1 Journey
20th May 2013: I-129F sent to Dallas (US time)
23rd May 2013: Paperwork tracked and delivered to Dallas (US time)
28th May 2013: NOA1 case sent to Vermont Service Centre (US time)
4th Sept 2013: Update from USCIS-Case has been transferred to a local USCIS office...not sure which one yet
9th Sept 2013: Update from USCIS- file has been transferred and is now being processed at Texas USCIS office
23rd Sept 2013: NOA2- approved!
25th Sept 2013: Case shipped to DOS
9th Oct 2013: Packet 3 arrived via email
9th Oct 2013: Fingerprints done and Police check submitted to AFP (received in mail 30/10/13)
1st Nov 2013: Medical Appointment, (Melb) (results received in mail 15/11/13)

4th Nov 2013: Packet 3 sent to US Consulate, Sydney

5th Nov 2013: Packet 3 delivered to Sydney

8th Nov 2013: Received packet 4

19th Nov 2013: Interview scheduled- APPROVED dancin5hr.gif ...happy birthday for Joe! (visa received in mail 22/11/13)

Total K1 processing time- 6months, 3 days

30th Dec 2013: Entered the USA! POE: Dallas

8th March 2014 MARRIED! (L)

AOS:

7th Oct 2014: After unexpected delays, AOS package finally sent to Chicago

14th Oct 2014: Update received, I-485 accepted on 9th Oct and being processed at the National Benefits Centre

6th Nov 2014: Biometrics appointment scheduled and completed

16th Jan 2015: Letter received stating possible Interview Waiver. Informed there's a 6mth delay on processing

7th Aug 2015: Notice of Intent to deny received. Reasons given- expired Medical and new G-325A needed

11th Aug 2015: New medical completed

14th Aug 2015: Response to RFE sent back to USCIS

23rd Aug 2015: Application to Adjust status approved, Green card has been ordered

3rd Sept 2015: Greencard RECEIVED (yes it is Green!) :no:

Total AOS Processing time- 11 months

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.