4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am a LPR and I applied for my wife's F2A in December 2014. I obtained a letter stating that my application has been sent to Vermont Service Center. According to the newest Visa bulleting, the priority date for October is March 01, 2014. However, I am yet to receive any letter from VSC. When I checked, it states that as of May 31,2015 they are still processing applications from Sept 01, 2014. This has been going on for some months now. I am worried that VSC processing will lag behind my priority date. My question is whether this ever happens. I would also like to know if I can request to have the application sent to another processing center.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Cheers!

Edited by phospho123

I am a LPR and I applied for my wife's F2A in December 2014. I obtained a letter stating that my application has been sent to Vermont Service Center. According to the newest Visa bulleting, the priority date for October is March 01, 2014. However, I am yet to receive any letter from VSC. When I checked, it states that as of May 31,2015 they are still processing applications from Sept 01, 2014. This has been going on for some months now. I am worried that VSC processing will lag behind my priority date. My question is whether this ever happens. I would also like to know if I can request to have the application sent to another processing center.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Cheers!

yep - it happens all the time....

It happened to me....nothing you can do....VSc is slow. My PD was current and we were not even CC because of how long it took VSC to process (or not process) our case, which was eventually transferred to CSC.

nothing you can do, just hang in there....they will either start processing or at the last minute they will transfer you.

The good news is that once USCIS approves your case, you will go extremely quickly at NVC stage.

As another VJer once told me when I was in your position, wondering when VSC was going to process my case, you'll either wait at USCIS or you will wait at NVC. Either way, you will wait!

hang in there and best of luck!!

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.